About This Chapter
CHSPE Mathematic Processes: Applying Math - Chapter Summary
In this chapter is a complete overview of mathematic processes. Learn how to apply math principles so you can effectively answer questions in the math section of the CHSPE Test. After reviewing the lessons, you will be able to:
- Understand the meaning of a math concept
- Demonstrate how to use common math procedures
- Showcase your comprehension of unifying concepts and processes in mathematics
- Explain the importance of applying math in other content areas like science and art
- Describe ways to use math in real life
Resources in this chapter manage the challenging process of identifying and compiling the studying materials you need for the exam. You can access comprehensive lessons that focus on the applications of math, full transcripts with helpful vocabulary words and more to enhance your preparations for the test.
1. What is a Math Concept?
Is it better to learn a math concept rather than a math fact? In this lesson, learn which one will help you more in life. Also explore some math concepts and see how they are applied.
2. Using Common Math Procedures
After reading this lesson, you'll be more familiar with some very common math procedures you need to use every time you do math. You'll learn what they are and how to use them.
3. Unifying Concepts & Processes in Mathematics
In learning mathematical processes, we are often exposed to concepts from which they are derived or applied. In dealing with math concepts involving motion in physical science, we can apply the mathematical process and operations of differentiation.
4. Applying Math Across the Curriculum
Students can understand and retain math much better if concepts are connected to other classes or real life. This lesson will help give you strategies on how to apply math across the curriculum, including in science, technology, engineering, and the arts.
5. Using Math in the Real Life
Math is a powerful tool for resolving the questions that life sends our way. We can find the best price, calculate a particular distance, or even use probabilities to make decisions. In this lesson we will explore some ways to use math in real life.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CHSPE: Practice & Study Guide course
- CHSPE Language: Grammar & Mechanics
- CHSPE Language: Sentence Structure
- CHSPE Language: Prewriting & Organization
- CHSPE Vocabulary: Understanding Synonyms & Context
- CHSPE Reading Comprehension: Initial Understanding
- CHSPE Reading Comprehension: Interpreting Readings
- CHSPE Reading Comprehension: Critical Analysis
- CHSPE Reading Comprehension: Strategies
- CHSPE Mathematics: Number & Operations
- CHSPE Mathematics: Patterns & Algebraic Equations
- CHSPE Mathematics: Data & Probability
- CHSPE Mathematics: Geometry & Measurement
- CHSPE Mathematic Processes: Understanding Math
- CHSPE Mathematic Processes: Estimation & Rounding
- CHSPE Mathematic Processes: Reasoning & Problem Solving