About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other high school geometry work.
- Identify the circular arcs and triangles concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our high school geometry tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about circular arcs and triangles and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding central and inscribed angles, defining the arc length of a sector or any other circular arcs and triangles topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their circular arcs and triangles unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in high school geometry
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about circular arcs and triangles simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live algebra tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about circular arcs and triangles on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Determine the area and circumference of circles.
- Identify the parts of a circle, including circular arcs and semicircles.
- Learn to use theorems associated with central and inscribed angles.
- Differentiate between minor and major arcs.
- Find the measure of an arc.
- Find the measure of an inscribed angle.
- Learn about tangents to circles, and discuss related theorems.
- Determine the measure of an angle involving tangents, chords and secants.
- Define relationships among the lengths of tangents, chords and secants.
- Learn about inscribed and circumscribed figures.
- Explore the arc length of sectors, and determine their area.
1. Circles: Area and Circumference
Understanding how to calculate the area and circumference of circles plays a vital role in some of our everyday functions. They serve as the foundation for operating with three-dimensional figures. Learn more about the area and circumference of circles in this lesson.
2. Circular Arcs and Circles: Definitions and Examples
What is a circle? In this lesson, find out all about the circle and its many parts, including circular arcs and semicircles. Also, discover how a locus works in creating a circle, parallel lines and more.
3. Central and Inscribed Angles: Definitions and Examples
When we're working with circles, there are two key angles to know: central angles and inscribed angles. These angles have a few special theorems, which we'll discuss and practice using in this lesson.
4. Measure of an Arc: Process & Practice
What is the measure of an arc? And what is the difference between a minor arc and a major arc? Find out all that and practice finding the measure of an arc in this lesson.
5. How to Find the Measure of an Inscribed Angle
Finding the measure of an inscribed angle requires knowing a little information. In this lesson, we'll find the measure of an inscribed angle when we know the measure of the central angle or one or more of the arcs formed by the angle.
6. Tangent of a Circle: Definition & Theorems
What happens when a line just barely touches a circle? It's a tangent! In this lesson, we'll learn all about tangents to circles, including a few key theorems. We'll also look at tangent circles.
7. Measurements of Angles Involving Tangents, Chords & Secants
When lines and circles meet, angles are formed. Fortunately, we can determine the measure of these angles, whether they're formed by tangents, secants or chords, just by knowing the measure of the created arcs.
8. Measurements of Lengths Involving Tangents, Chords and Secants
The lengths of chords, tangents and secants take on unique relationships when they're drawn on circles. In this lesson, we'll define those relationships and see them in action.
9. Inscribed and Circumscribed Figures: Definition & Construction
A square and a circle may be different shapes, but they still can have a unique relationship. In this lesson, we'll learn about inscribed and circumscribed figures.
10. Arc Length of a Sector: Definition and Area
In this lesson, we'll slice up a circle like it's a pizza and learn how to find out useful information about our slices. We'll find out the area of these sectors, or pie slices. We'll also learn about arc lengths.
11. How to Find the Radius of a Circle: Definition & Formula
In this lesson, you will discover the definition of a radius. You will also learn how to find the radius of a circle using three different formulas based on diameter, circumference, and area.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Geometry: Tutoring Solution course
- Foundations of Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- Logic in Mathematics: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Geometric Figures: Tutoring Solution
- Properties of Triangles: Tutoring Solution
- Triangles, Theorems and Proofs: Tutoring Solution
- Parallel Lines and Polygons: Tutoring Solution
- Similar Polygons: Tutoring Solution
- Quadrilaterals: Tutoring Solution
- Symmetry, Similarity and Congruence
- Conic Sections: Tutoring Solution
- Geometric Solids: Tutoring Solution
- Analytical Geometry: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution