About This Chapter
Classroom Art Projects - Chapter Summary
The resources in this chapter make it easy to develop curriculum that incorporates a variety of classroom art projects. Among the resources found in this chapter are project ideas, journal prompts and essay topics. You can also access lessons with quizzes that can reinforce students' art knowledge. Lesson plans found in this chapter provide in-depth guidance on ways to incorporate projects, discussions and activities into your lessons. Topics covered in this chapter include the following:
- Collages and their famous artists
- Making a family tree
- Altered books, art journals and art history
- Additional art topics!
This chapter is available anytime and can be accessed from your computer or mobile devices in the classroom, at home or anywhere with an internet connection. Reduce the amount of time you spending research art project ideas by finding them in one location!
How It Helps
- Lesson development: Offers topic and discussion ideas in lesson plans to help you develop quality lessons that include classroom art projects
- Project ideas: Includes unique project ideas to encourage students to participate in class and increase their understanding of various art topics
- Additional resources: Provides additional resources like journal prompts and essay topics to use as class teaching tools
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers ideas, prompts, essay topics and lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning classroom art projects easy.
- Find project ideas, lesson plans and other resources for specific art topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your art project class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans and additional resources.
- Share the related art lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important art concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant art-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline and additional resources.
1. Art Class Bell Ringer Activities
As an art teacher, there is a strong chance you have to navigate many transitional times throughout the day. These bell ringer activities will keep your students busy, focused and engaged as you take care of business and get ready to make the most of your time.
2. Family Tree Lesson Plan
Use this lesson plan to teach your students how to make a family tree. A text lesson explains the concept and a guided example gives students the tools they need to make their own family tree.
3. How to Make a Family Tree
Family trees are fun, but can also be very important sources of information. In this lesson, we're going to examine the concept of a family tree and see how to chart one in an easy-to-read family map.
4. Rock Art Lesson Plan for Elementary School
With this lesson plan, your students will be introduced to rock art and will think critically about how and why it is created, before creating and decorating their own miniature caves.
5. Pasta Cars Lesson Plan
Learning the laws of physics can be fun, especially when students are active and engaged. This lesson plan provides a fun activity for applying Newton's laws of motion to cars with simple directions and using a pantry staple - pasta.
6. Pasta Art Lesson Plan
How can pasta be used to create fun and interesting art projects? This lesson plan explains different uses for dried pasta. Five simple pasta art activities with detailed instructions are included.
7. Color Activities for Preschoolers
Getting children actively involved in their education is a great way to solidify concepts. Keep your students engaged with these interactive color activities.
8. Altered Book Project Ideas
Altered books are an exciting craft idea to get students involved in art, while also displaying key concepts learned in class. This lesson will describe several age-appropriate altered book ideas for students.
9. Fraction Art Projects
Learning and practicing fractions can sometimes be dull. We can get our more artistic students fully engaged by involving them in fractions art projects. Why not try a few of these for yourself?
10. Art Journal Prompts
With the increased focus in integrating core concepts into all subject areas, art teachers are being asked to incorporate writing into their classrooms more often. A great way to do this is to have students write in journals. This lesson provides prompts for art teachers to use with students of any age.
11. Art History Essay Topics
A great way to determine student understanding for art history topics is to have them write an essay. Sometimes though, students or busy teachers have a bit of trouble coming up with ideas. Use this lesson for essay topic ideas related to art history.
12. Contemporary Art Essay Topics
Contemporary art encompasses a wide range of artistic styles and has impacted our world in very different ways. Use these essay topics to help students learn about contemporary art and its importance.
13. American History Art Projects
It is important for students to have a solid grasp on American history. Why not use art to enhance this understanding? These simple and fun American history art projects will most certainly do the trick!
14. Art Projects for Elementary Students
Nothing brings elementary school students together the way an art project does! This lesson gives you some great ideas for projects to do with your students in grades K-5.
15. Middle School Art Projects
Art class provides a unique opportunity for creativity and self-expression. These simple project ideas are designed to get your students excited about art. Use these ideas to engage middle schoolers with the wonderful world of art.
16. Christmas Art Projects for Middle School
Christmastime is filled with excitement and wonder. The thrill of Christmas need not be absent from your classroom. These project ideas will create excitement and fun as students relish in the holiday season.
17. Art Projects for High School
High school art projects can be a great way for students to express themselves, and develop their style. Projects can be anything from straightforward to creative and unusual. Why not try one of these ideas for high school art projects?
18. Ceramic Projects for High School
Ceramics can be a fun class for students, whether as a practical skill, and art form, or as stress release. Here are some fun ceramic projects your students might enjoy.
19. Architecture Projects for High School Students
Architecture is a lot of fun to learn, and there is plenty of potential for architecture projects. These are just a few of the many possibilities, each of them suitable for high school students.
20. Quick Art Projects for Middle School Students
Sometimes, you might be looking for an art project that your students can complete with limited time. These projects are good for middle school students and can be used at school or in the home.
21. Paper Helicopter Lesson Plan
With this lesson plan, your students will employ the scientific method to test fall rates of paper helicopters. They will conduct experiments as a class to test their own individual ideas.
22. Making Playdough Lesson Plan
This lesson plan teaches students to follow a recipe to make playdough. The plan includes process and discussion ideas as well as a writing extension. This lesson plan can be adapted for various elementary ages.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Art Lesson Plans & Projects course