About This Chapter
Classroom Technology - Chapter Summary
Technology has become an important teaching tool in the classroom. This chapter closely examines the many ways technology is used in education and how it aids in student learning. Study specific types of classroom technology, and learn about the online classroom. Upon completion of this chapter, you will be ready to do the following:
- Explain how technology can provide effectiveness in the classroom
- Discuss ways to effectively teach students belonging to the digital generation
- Share ways to maximize participation and learning in the online classroom
- Describe how multimedia software is used and how to create productions
- List the benefits of utilizing technology in the classroom setting
Browse the lessons in any sequence you desire, and review them as often as needed to feel confident in your knowledge of classroom technology. If you need additional details about the lessons, don't hesitate to submit your questions to our experts. Take multiple-choice quizzes to gauge your comprehension of lesson concepts. Use the chapter exam to bolster your knowledge.
1. Effects of Technology in the Classroom
In this lesson, you will explore how technology provides effectiveness in the classroom setting. Be prepared to embrace how teachers and students are learning with the use of technology!
2. Understanding and Teaching the Digital Generation
Teaching in the 21st century means that your students belong to the digital generation. These students learn in different ways and this lesson will help you teach and understand them better.
3. Course Management for the Online Classroom
How do you ensure online students participate in discussions? How do you discipline a student in an online setting? This lesson will explore common aspects of online classes and how to maximize learning and participation.
4. Multimedia Software: Working with Audio and Video
Audio and video have become increasingly important in today's computer systems. Learn about how media players play back multimedia files as well as audio and video editing software to create your own productions.
5. Benefits of Technology in the Classroom
This lesson highlights some benefits of using technology in the classroom and includes examples teachers can use to easily integrate technology into their classroom. After you learn about these things, you'll be able to test your knowledge with a quiz!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Exam Study Guide course
- Classroom Teaching Strategies
- Clinical Teaching Strategies for CNEs
- Understanding Learning Styles
- Methods of Delivery for CNEs
- Communication Skills for CNEs
- Critical Thinking Skills for Nurses
- Positive Learning Environments for Nurses
- Role of Diversity in Nursing Student Learning
- Goal Setting in Nursing Programs
- Learning Domains & Assessments
- Assessment Development
- Assessment Strategies
- Summarizing & Analyzing Educational Assessments
- Grading & Reporting Student Progress
- Curriculum Development in Nursing Programs
- Professional Development for CNEs
- Leadership Roles of CNEs
- Scholarship Roles of CNEs
- The Role of CNEs in the Academic Community
- Nursing Program Overview
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Exam Study Guide Flashcards