About This Chapter
CLEP History of the United States I Flashcards - Summary
If you need to study for the CLEP History of the United States I exam, use these online flashcards to supplement your studying experience and memorize important historical dates, events, figures and more. As you flip through these flashcards, you can expect to study some of the following historical topics:
- Early North American colonies and civilizations
- The American Revolution
- The early 1800s in America
- Jacksonian democracy
- Antebellum America and U.S. expansion
- The Civil War and Reconstruction
How They Work
Flashcards allow you quickly review and memorize historical concepts through the act of repetition. Here's how they work:
- Open a flashcard set for the CLEP History of the United States I topic you're studying.
- Identify the historical event, date or figure on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Early North American Civilizations & Colonies Flashcards
This set of flashcards will cover the theories that describe how the first people arrived on the North American continent, how and why Europeans first ventured over, and the cultural traditions and power struggles between early tribes.
American Revolution Era Flashcards
The American Revolution era helped establish the United States as an independent nation with a strong, yet balanced government. Learn why blood was shed and foreign relations endured strife while the U.S sought to establish their independence.
Early 1800s & Jacksonian Democracy Flashcards
These flashcards will provide insight into the presidency of Andrew Jackson, the major developments of the early 1800s and how the executive branch and the needs of the average citizen took center stage.
U.S. Antebellum & Expansion Flashcards
American history entered into a colorful time during the Antebellum period. These flash cards will convey the key principles that helped shape the United States during a time where gold, expansion, art, and manifest destiny rang supreme.
Civil War & Reconstruction Flashcards
These flashcards will cover the significant battles and strategies used during the Civil War and reconstruction period. You'll learn about the major battles, the Emancipation Proclamation, and the persistent issue with slavery.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CLEP History of the United States I: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- First Contacts (28,000 BCE-1821 CE)
- Settling North America (1497-1732)
- The Road to Revolution (1700-1774)
- The American Revolution (1775-1783)
- The Making of a New Nation (1776-1800)
- The Virginia Dynasty (1801-1825)
- Jacksonian Democracy (1825 -- 1850)
- Life in Antebellum America (1807-1861)
- Manifest Destiny (1806-1855)
- Sectional Crisis (1850-1861)
- American Civil War (1861-1865)
- Reconstruction (1865-1877)
- Additional CLEP History of the United States I Flashcards