About This Chapter
CLEP Introductory Psychology Flashcards - Summary
Feel confident in your knowledge of topics explored in CLEP Introductory Psychology with help from our entertaining flashcard sets. Divided by topic, these sets enable you to gain a deeper understanding of psychological disorders and treatments, data and statistics, the psychology of learning and personality and much more. Among the topics covered are:
- History of psychology
- Biological, developmental and social psychology
- Sensation and perception
- States of consciousness and human cognition
- Human motivation and emotion
How They Work
These flashcards offer a unique opportunity to learn or refresh your knowledge of CLEP Introductory Psychology topics while strengthening your memorization skills.
- Open a flashcard set for the psychology topic you're studying.
- Identify the word or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
History of Psychology Flashcards
This set of psychology flashcards focuses on the early history of the discipline and explores the ways psychology functions as a science rather than a philosophy. You'll learn the names of important branches of psychology and famous psychologists.
Biological Psychology Flashcards
Check out how biology can affect psychology with these flashcards. You'll be able to go over different parts of the nervous system and the human brain. Additionally, you can access cards that deal with neurotransmitters and biopsychology.
Sensation & Perception Flashcards
You can work on these flashcards to go over information about human senses, including vision, hearing, taste, smell and touch, and review major theories regarding these senses.
States of Consciousness Flashcards
By studying this set of flashcards, you will learn the fundamental concepts behind the study of states of consciousness in psychology, including sleep, dreams, hypnosis & meditation.
Psychology of Learning Flashcards
Do you ever wonder how people are able to not only learn new things themselves, but also train animals to do new things? Gain insight into the psychology of learning with these handy flashcards.
Human Cognition Flashcards
What makes your brain work so well (or not so well) when you need to remember something important? These cards may not solve that mystery, but they will provide some helpful insight into how we think.
Human Emotion & Motivation Flashcards
By studying these flashcards, you can achieve a solid understanding of concepts related to human motivation and emotion in psychology. Concepts includes Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, fight or flight, and various theories of emotion.
Developmental Psychology Flashcards
You can access these flashcards when you're ready to review the psychologists and theories associated with developmental psychology. Go over different models regarding how humans develop over their lifespans.
Psychology of Personality Flashcards
These flashcards can help you go over Freud's stages of personality development. You'll also be able to review humanistic psychology and Freudian defense mechanisms.
Social Psychology Flashcards
By studying these flashcards, you will be able to obtain a solid understanding of important concepts related to social psychology. Important key terms, theories, and important psychologists are covered.
Psychological Disorders Flashcards
You can review different psychological disorders by going over this set of flashcards. Get familiar with symptoms for different disorders and the use of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
Psychological Treatments Flashcards
Working on these flashcards can help you review different types of psychological therapies. You can also go over other treatment options, such as biological therapy. Additionally, you can focus on psychiatric drugs.
Data & Statistics in Psychology Flashcards
Use these flashcards to go over different types of studies used by psychologists. Review how these studies should be judged and some of the things they can measure.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the CLEP Introductory Psychology Exam: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- History & Fundamental Theories of Psychology
- Intro to Approaches to Psychology
- Biological Bases of Psychology
- Psychology, Physiology & Genetics
- Sensation and Perception in Psychology
- States of Consciousness in Psychology
- Learning Theories in Psychology
- Cognitive Theories, Processing & Intelligence
- Emotion, Motivation and Needs
- Developmental Psychology Experiments and Theories
- Personality Theories in Psychology
- Social Psychology Concepts & Theories
- Health and Psychological Disorders
- Models of Psychopathology
- Treatments for Psychological Disorders
- Ethics & Research in Psychology
- Statistics and Measurement in Psychology Research
- CLEP Introductory Psychology Exam Flashcards