About This Chapter
CLEP Precalculus Flashcards - Summary
These simple and effective study flashcards cover all of the precalculus concepts that you'll need to know for the CLEP Precalculus exam. Use the flashcards to make sure you know the basics of functions, inequalities and equations. Some of the CLEP Precalculus concepts you'll study include:
- Exponential and logarithmic functions
- Linear, rational and quadratic equations
- Composite and piecewise functions
- Trigonometry and geometry fundamentals
How They Work
Flashcards enable you to quickly review the foundations of precalculus and commit important terms to memory.
- Open a flashcard set for the CLEP Precalculus topic you're studying.
- Identify the term, formula or equation on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Functions in College Algebra Flashcards
This set of flashcards will help you practice the terminology and notation related to functions. You will also review compositions and inverses, as well as graphing skills.
Evaluating Exponential & Logarithmic Functions Flashcards
Use this set of flashcards to review exponential and logarithmic expressions and equations. These will cover many different concepts having to do with exponentials and logarithms.
This set of flashcards will help you review inequalities in both one variable and two variables. It will help you practice solving and graphing these types of problems.
Foundations of Linear Equations Flashcards
Looking to review your understanding of linear equations? These flashcards will highlight fundamental concepts regarding linear equations and systems of equations. Sample problems are also included!
Graphing Rational Equations Flashcards
Looking to review your understanding of reflections and rational equations? These flashcards will help you review how to graph mathematical reflections and how to solve rational equations.
Factoring & Graphing Quadratic Equations Flashcards
Need to brush up on factoring and expanding quadratic equations? Then these flashcards are what you're looking for! You'll get to practice factoring, expanding, and solving quadratic equations.
Exponents & Polynomials Flashcards
X to the third raised to a power of 1/2 simplified to -y? What? Do complex exponents cause you to get blurred vision? What about dealing with polynomials? This set of flashcards will help you get control over exponents and polynomials.
Piecewise & Composite Functions Flashcards
Functions give us a recipe for getting from x values to y values and are a hugely important part of mathematics. In these flashcards we focus on two types of functions: composite functions and piecewise functions.
Overview of Geometry & Trigonometry Flashcards
Looking to review your understanding of geometry and trigonometry? These flashcards will help you review fundamental geometry and trigonometry concepts, theorems and formulas.
Basic Trigonometry Flashcards
Focus on reviewing fundamental trigonometry formulas and principles as you check out this set of flashcards. You can go over the list of trig identities, graphs for trig functions, and the laws of sines and cosines using this flashcard set.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CLEP Precalculus: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Recognizing Functions
- Working with Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
- Piecewise and Composite Functions
- Functions as Models
- Understanding, Solving & Graphing Inequalities
- Understanding Linear Equations
- Radical, Rational and Absolute Value Equations
- Parabolas, Ellipses and Hyperbolas
- Factoring & Solving Quadratic Equations
- Exponents and Polynomials
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Using Scientific Calculators
- Additional CLEP Precalculus Flashcards