About This Chapter
CLEP Western Civilization II Flashcards - Summary
If you need to prepare for the CLEP Western Civilization II test, use these fun study flashcards to memorize important historical terms, dates, developments, events and more. The chapter's flashcards can be accessed at any time, and they cover major eras from the late 1600s through modern history. Some of the CLEP Western Civilization II topics you'll study include:
- The Scientific Revolution and Enlightenment
- Major world events from the late 17th through the early 20th century
- Napoleon and the French Revolution
- Political developments that occurred between 1760 and 1848
- WWI and WWII
- The period between the World Wars
- Modern Western civilization
How They Work
As you work through these western civilization flashcards, try repeating the cards that give you difficulty until you've memorized them.
- Open a flashcard set for the CLEP Western Civilization II topic you're studying.
- Identify the historical figure, event, date or term on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Scientific Revolution & Enlightenment Flashcards
This set of flashcards will ~'enlighten~' you on two important periods in European history: The Scientific Revolution and the Enlightenment. Explore main ideas, the thinkers who developed these new theories, leaders, and the impact of both time periods.
World Events from 1648-1740 Flashcards
In this set of flashcards, you'll explore several key world events that took place between 1648 and 1740. Learn how power declined and rose for some and not others, and look at industrial change, the emergence of new nations, and population shifts.
French Revolution & Napoleon Flashcards
This set of flashcards will help you study the French Revolution and its post-war leader, Napoleon. Discover key events leading to the conflict, significant leadership during this time, and the lasting effects of both the war and Napoleon's leadership.
Overview of Industrialization Flashcards
The goal of this set of flashcards is to help you review the Industrial Era and Industrial Revolution in European History. Learn the causes of the Industrial Revolution, new inventions, and lasting effects of this progressive time in Western history.
Political Developments from 1760-1848 Flashcards
These flashcards will give you a chance to master the main concepts of political developments in Europe during the mid 1700s to the mid 1800s. Review various revolutions, leaders, and ideologies of the time.
World Events from 1850-1914 Flashcards
This set of flashcards deals with world events from 1850 to 1914. From isolationist Japan, to post-Civil War America, to industrializing Europe, you will learn about the political, military, and socioeconomic events that shaped this era.
This set of flashcards deals specifically with the topic of imperialism during the 19th and 20th centuries. You will learn about the expansion of European nations into Africa, Asia, and the Americas, as well as the rise of U.S. imperialism.
World War I Flashcards
This set of flashcards examines World War I, including its causes, events, and aftermath. Here, you will get a glimpse into one of the bloodiest and most brutal periods in history.
Between the World Wars Flashcards
These flashcards cover the historical developments and international crises that unfolded between World War I and World War II. Known as the Interwar Period, this era includes the Great Depression and the beginnings of the bloodiest conflict in history.
Overview of World War II Flashcards
This set of flashcards covers the historical developments during the Second World War, the bloodiest conflict in human history. It covers both the battles and events of the War itself, as well as political, cultural, and economic aspects of the War.
Modern Western Civilization Flashcards
The following set of flashcards covers World history from the end of the Second World War to the late twentieth century. It includes a glimpse at the economic, political, cultural, and social developments of this era.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CLEP Western Civilization II: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Absolutism and Constitutionalism in Western Europe (1648-1715)
- Power Shifts in Eastern Europe (1648-1740)
- Empire and Expansion in the 18th Century (1700-1799)
- The Scientific Revolution & the Enlightenment (1500-1790)
- The French Revolution and Napoleon Bonaparte (1780-1815)
- Industrialization (1700-1900)
- Political Developments (1760-1848)
- The Age of Nationalism (1850-1914)
- European Life and Trends (1850-1914)
- Imperialism in the 19th and 20th Centuries
- Overview of World War I
- Between the World Wars (1919-1939)
- Overview of World War II
- Western Civilization Post-1945
- Additional CLEP Western Civilization II Flashcards