About This Chapter
Click-Through Rates & Calls to Action - Chapter Summary
Marketing professionals' knowledge of click-through rates and calls to action are essential for businesses. In this chapter, your employees can learn the definition of these terms, and discover how to use them to grow your company. Marketing professionals will also be introduced to the following topics:
- Call to action words and phrases
- Marketing-related calls to action
- The definition of a click-through rate
- Powerful call to action buttons
- Industry-specific click-through rates
- Ways to calculate and improve click-through rates
After reviewing the corporate training lessons, your marketing employees can take short quizzes to test their understanding of the information. Chapter and final exams can also be taken.
How It Helps
- Provides an explanation: Because your marketing professionals will be given a detailed explanation of a call to action and click-through rates, they will be able to see how to implement them at your company.
- Gives examples: If marketing professionals see examples of powerful call to action buttons, it will be easier for them to come up with a successful marketing plan that includes the buttons.
- Emphasizes the importance of wording: Because they will learn the importance of words and phrases in connection with a call to action, your employees will be able to choose the correct ones.
By the end of the chapter, your marketing professionals will be able to:
- Define a call to action
- Identify words and phrases of a call to action
- Understand the role of a call to action in marketing
- Choose powerful call to action buttons that are appropriate for your business
- Determine a click-through rate
- Be aware of the average click-through rate for your industry and know how to increase it for your company
1. What is a Call to Action? - Definition & Examples
How do you get your customers to take action? This lesson will define what a call to action is and provide examples of calls to action used in marketing.
2. Call to Action: Words, Phrases & Topics
The call to action is the be-all end-all of email marketing. It's what you want your audience to do after they've read your email, and without it your email is incomplete. But what makes an effective call to action? Let's find out.
3. Call to Action in Marketing
Every marketing campaign needs a call to action, but what is it and why is it successful? In this lesson, we'll discuss the different elements of a call to action and how they're important.
4. Effective Call to Action Buttons
In a digital age of marketing, consumers are bombarded with messages. Marketing communications should include effective use of a Call-to-Action button to spur your viewer on to your desired outcome.
5. What is a Click-through Rate?
When businesses place ads online it is important to measure the success of those ads. In this lesson, we'll discuss the click-through rate, one metric used to determine if an ad is successfully appealing to potential customers.
6. How to Calculate a Click-through Rate
As online ads have become more popular, advertisers want more information on how their ads are preforming. In this lesson, we'll learn how to calculate a click-through rate, one metric that can indicate if an ad is attracting potential customers.
7. Average Click-through Rate by Industry
Your click-through rate can vary based on your industry. In this lesson, you'll learn more about average click-through rates for email and online marketing campaigns.
8. How to Improve Click-through Rate
Distributing your marketing message is only one part of the equation. Actually getting your message seen is just as critical. In this lesson, you will learn how to improve click-through rates in your digital marketing strategies.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.