About This Chapter
Climate Change - Chapter Summary
Our instructors present climate change in this informative chapter. These lessons outline the causes, definitions and history of climate change for your review. After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Outline the causes and effects of greenhouse gas
- Detail climate change and its natural causes
- Explain the environmental effects of atmospheric carbon dioxide
- Discuss the general circulation model and the way in which it relates to climate change
Our learning tools make it easy to study for a test, get caught up in class or finish a challenging homework assignment. Each lesson has been written by a professional instructor, so you can be confident you're learning the most accurate information. It's easy to test your knowledge or exam preparedness using the lesson quizzes and chapter test provided here.
1. What Is Greenhouse Gas? - Definition, Causes & Effects
You hear a lot about greenhouse gases and the greenhouse effect these days, but what exactly is a greenhouse gas? You may be surprised to learn that greenhouse gases are not only naturally occurring, but are also essential to life on Earth.
2. Natural Causes of Climate Change
Climate change is a complex occurrence with many possible causes. Here we will discuss the natural factors that affect climate change. At the end, you can test your knowledge with a brief quiz.
3. Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide: History & Environmental Effects
After this lesson about atmospheric carbon dioxide, you will be able to describe how carbon dioxide levels in our atmosphere have changed over time due to both natural transitions and human-caused disturbances.
4. The General Circulation Model & Climate Change
How are scientist able to predict our Earth's climate 100 years into the future? Read about the general circulation model to discover the answer to this question and then take a quiz to test your understanding.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the M-STEP Science - Grade 11: Test Prep & Practice course
- Scientific Inquiry & Reflection
- Earth Systems Overview
- Energy & Biochemical Cycles in Earth Systems
- Human Impacts on Earth Systems
- Advanced Rock Cycle
- The Interior of the Earth
- Plate Tectonics Theory
- Earthquakes & Volcanoes Overview
- Hydrogeology Overview
- Oceans & Climate
- Weather and Storms
- The Earth & Sun as a Part of a Galaxy
- Basics of Earth History & Geologic Time
- Transformation of Matter & Energy in Cells
- Living Organism Composition
- Interdependence of Living Systems & the Environment
- Ecosystems & Populations
- DNA & Mutations
- Mitosis & Meiosis
- Evolution & Biodiversity
- Physics & the Motion of Objects
- The Physics of Forces & Motion
- Forms of Energy
- Basics of Waves
- Light, Electricity & Nuclear Reactions
- Energy Transfer & Conservation
- Properties & States of Matter
- Chemical Changes in Matter
- M-STEP Science - Grade 11 Flashcards