About This Chapter
Clinical Teaching Strategies for CNEs - Chapter Summary
How much do you know about clinical strategies for CNEs? This chapter can help you find out! Developed by teachers for teachers, the lessons provide an in-depth look at ways Certified Nurse Educators can provide a quality learning experience for students in the clinical setting. Review the lessons at a pace that works for you. In no time, you will be able to:
- Define and explain the concept of a facilitator of learning
- Differentiate between teaching strategies for CNEs in the classroom vs. clinical setting
- Explain how teacher expectations and attributions can impact student performance
- Discuss the personal attributes of a CNE that can effectively facility student learning
- Explain the importance of a Certified Nurse Educator acting as a role model
Navigate the lessons with easy by choosing your first then selecting others in any sequence by scrolling along the right-hand sidebar. Enjoy the flexibility of accessing the lessons from any computer or mobile device that can secure an Internet connection. After reviewing the lessons, gain additional information by sending your questions to our experts. If you want to assess your understanding of this chapter, feel free to take multiple-choice lesson quizzes and a practice chapter exam.
1. Facilitator of Learning: Definition & Concept
In this lesson, we will compare the difference between a teacher as a classroom director, and a facilitator of learning who encourages students to take the lead. We will examine what a facilitator of learning does and how students are benefited.
2. Teaching Strategies for CNEs: Clinical Setting & Classroom
Our lesson today will provide information on the skills that are necessary for nurse educators to teach effectively in both the classroom and clinical settings.
3. Teacher Expectations & Attributions
Attributions for success and failure drive future expectations for learning and success. Students attribute their successes or failures to a number of factors. Teachers also make attributions for student performance. This lesson will explore teacher expectations and attributions that affect classroom and individual student performance.
4. Facilitating Learning in Nursing Programs
A nurse educator's position often requires them to extend beyond the role of a traditional educator. Read on to learn how nurse educators make such a big impact on the student experience and profession.
5. Role Modeling in Nursing Programs
In this lesson you will learn about the functions of a Certified Nurse Educator. You'll also learn how educators can serve as role models to promote positive professional behavior for nursing students.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Exam Study Guide course
- Classroom Teaching Strategies
- Understanding Learning Styles
- Methods of Delivery for CNEs
- Classroom Technology
- Communication Skills for CNEs
- Critical Thinking Skills for Nurses
- Positive Learning Environments for Nurses
- Role of Diversity in Nursing Student Learning
- Goal Setting in Nursing Programs
- Learning Domains & Assessments
- Assessment Development
- Assessment Strategies
- Summarizing & Analyzing Educational Assessments
- Grading & Reporting Student Progress
- Curriculum Development in Nursing Programs
- Professional Development for CNEs
- Leadership Roles of CNEs
- Scholarship Roles of CNEs
- The Role of CNEs in the Academic Community
- Nursing Program Overview
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Exam Study Guide Flashcards