About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering closure property material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about closure properties. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding number properties
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about the closure property
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in this chapter that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Closure Property chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Closure Property chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any closure property question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a closure property unit of a standard number properties course. Topics covered include:
- Adding and subtracting whole numbers & integers with the closure property
- Using the closure property to multiply and divide whole numbers & integers
1. Using the Closure Property for Addition of Whole Numbers & Integers
We are always looking for ways to better understand numbers. In this lesson, we explore closure, which is a mathematical idea relating an operation, like addition and subtraction, to a set of numbers.
2. Using the Closure Property to Subtract Whole Numbers & Integers
If you have ever wondered about the mathematical concept of closure, this is the lesson for you. We see what it takes for two different sets of numbers to be closed under the operation of subtraction.
3. Using the Closure Property to Multiply Whole Numbers & Integers
Closure properties help you know what sort of result you will get from a mathematical operation. In this lesson, we will explore closure properties of multiplication, and how you can use them in your multiplying of whole numbers and integers.
4. Using the Closure Property to Divide Whole Numbers & Integers
A mathematical operation like division can be performed on two numbers. In this lesson, we explore what happens when we divide whole numbers and when we divide integers. In particular, we look at the property of closure under division for these two sets of numbers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.