About This Chapter
Clothing Vocabulary in Spanish - Chapter Summary
These engaging lessons go over the Spanish vocabulary terms associated with a variety of clothing items, including work attire and summer clothes. Creating offline study guides is easy with our printable lesson transcripts, which cover the important keywords you'll want to know. As a great exam prep exercise or to be sure you understand the material, take the multiple-choice quizzes. If you need assistance, feel free to contact one of our professional instructors for more help. Once you complete this chapter, you should know:
- The appropriate Spanish vocabulary for summer clothing
- Spanish words associated with work attire and gym attire
- How to use Spanish clothing clues to determine a destination
1. Spanish Clothing Vocabulary
To buy or not to buy? Follow the Garcia family on a shopping spree for fall and winter clothing and add new vocabulary words to your Spanish language repertoire.
2. Spanish Summer Clothing Vocabulary
It's summer! Time for a long, lazy vacation at the beach. In this lesson, you'll learn how to say you're going on vacation and you'll learn related vocabulary words like swimsuit, sunglasses, and sandals.
3. Spanish Vocabulary for Work Attire
It's time to go to work. In this lesson you will learn vocabulary for ''ropa de trabajo'' (work attire) in Spanish. You will also learn some useful terms for getting dressed.
4. Spanish Vocabulary for Gym Attire
Words like t-shirt, sweatpants, and leggings are useful when shopping for fitness clothes and communicating at the gym. You'll find these and other vocabulary words in this lesson, along with some related useful expressions.
5. Guessing Destination Based on Clothing: Spanish Practice Activity
It's time to test your knowledge of clothing vocabulary in Spanish. In this practice activity, you will read different clothes descriptions through short texts, and you will check your comprehension skills by answering questions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Spanish 102: Intermediate Spanish course
- Discussing Health & Safety in Spanish
- Discussing Daily Activities in Spanish
- Formal & Informal Spanish Imperatives
- Describing Future School Plans in Spanish
- Giving & Asking for Advice in Spanish
- Discussing Politics & Government in Spanish
- Discussing Work & Employment in Spanish
- Discussing Social Life & Relationships in Spanish
- Discussing Nature & the Environment in Spanish
- Discussing City Life in Spanish
- Visiting a Restaurant in Spanish
- Shopping & Negotiating Price in Spanish
- Discussing Art & Culture in Spanish
- Required Assignments for Spanish 102
- Studying for Spanish 102