About This Chapter
Cloud Computing Services - Chapter Summary
If your employees need to learn about the different types of cloud computing services that are available, have them work through this useful online corporate training chapter. Broken into simple and easy-to-understand lessons, this chapter offers a thorough overview of the following types of cloud services:
- Runtime and framework
- Content delivery network
The chapter can be completed by employees at any time that's convenient, and it's accessible on any computer or mobile device. You can assign the chapter's lesson quizzes to help your employees to further their understanding of these cloud computing services.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The lessons help your employees become aware of a wide range of cloud services, features and providers.
- Explains practical applications: The chapter shows employees the business applications of cloud storage and analytics.
- Helps select cloud computing services: Employees who complete the chapter will be able to take away the chapter's concepts to select the most appropriate cloud computing service providers for your organization.
By the end of the chapter, your employees should be able to:
- Define the cloud reference model
- Compare types of cloud services
- Explain the concept of cloud storage
- Assess features and providers of cloud database, runtime, content delivery network and analytics services
- Recognize the purpose of cloud-based high performance computing applications
1. The Cloud Reference Model: Definition & Overview
The cloud reference model is a conceptual model that characterizes and standardizes the functions of a cloud computing environment. It provides a fundamental reference point for the development of cloud computing. In this lesson, you will learn about the principal actors, activities, and functions defined by the cloud reference model.
2. Cloud Services: Types & Examples
Cloud services are changing the way we do business and playing a vital role in the way companies operate. This lesson will discuss the three primary cloud service types, some examples, and why they are helpful in the world of business today.
3. What is Cloud Storage? - Definition & Concept
Cloud Storage is networked storage, or disk space, available over a specific network - the Internet. In this lesson, learn what Cloud storage allows you to do as well as how it is installed.
4. Cloud Database Services: Features & Providers
In this lesson, we will learn about the cloud database service, how it works, and its various features. We will also familiarize you with some of the popular cloud database services.
5. Cloud Runtime & Framework Services: Features & Providers
What is the Runtime & Frameworks Service in the context of Cloud? What features does it have and what are the main providers of such services? This is what we will be exploring in this lesson.
6. Cloud Content Delivery Network Services: Features & Providers
This lesson aims to familiarize you with the Cloud Content Delivery Network (CDN) Service. It covers the service features and introduces some providers offering popular CDN services.
7. Cloud Analytics Services: Features & Providers
Cloud analytic services are cloud-based systems consumers can use to analyze big data and generate business insights. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this cloud service and see popular examples of providers.
8. Cloud-Based High Performance Computing (HPC) Applications: Purpose & Examples
What is Cloud-Based High Performance Computing (HPC)? We'll find out all about that in this lesson. Some of the complicated domains where Cloud-Based HPC is used will be analyzed and services provided by major Cloud vendors will be mentioned.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.