About This Chapter
Cloud Security - Chapter Summary
This helpful corporate learning chapter can get your staff quickly up to speed on the essentials of cloud security. Broken into short topical lessons, this chapter is designed to educate your employees on cloud computing security requirements as well as approaches for securing applications and data in the cloud. Our lessons come with short quizzes that can verify your employees' comprehension of the material. You can integrate these lessons in any training session, or you can have your employees review them on their own time.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The chapter helps your staff become aware of several cloud security approaches.
- Names effective security tools: The chapter offers a lesson on application security tools for cloud computing.
- Improves security: Employees will gain an understanding of cloud security methods, which can help your organization become more secure while using cloud technologies.
By the end of the chapter, your staff should be able to:
- Recognize cloud computing security requirements
- Understand the importance of cloud data security
- Name tools that can be used to secure application in the cloud
- Discuss the practical applications of security testing for cloud computing
1. Cloud Computing Security: Approaches & Requirements
This lesson covers the security aspect of the cloud computing environment. You will study the additional security concerns that are related to cloud computing and the techniques to address them.
2. Securing Data in the Cloud: Approaches & Importance
In this lesson we will understand what it means to secure data in the Cloud. We will examine the security of data at rest and data in motion. We will look at how encryption is used in securing data at rest and the application of security protocols for securing data in motion. We will understand the different processes entailed in maintaining encryption keys and the importance of data transaction auditing.
3. Securing Applications in the Cloud: Approaches & Tools
Is it completely safe for Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) to give consumer control over their resources? In this lesson, we will look into the possible Cloud app security threats and explain how Cloud app vulnerabilities are handled.
4. Practical Application for Cloud Computing: Web Applications Security Testing
Security is a major concern for both service providers and consumers within the cloud computing environment and the availability of security checking tools is advantageous for both. This lesson introduces Security Scanner, a cloud-based software tool designed to assist consumers in checking common vulnerabilities in the web applications they deploy in the Google App Engine. We demonstrate how to use this tool and the results it produces.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.