About This Chapter
Clustering in Windows Server 2016 - Chapter Summary
Within this chapter, those who are planning to fully utilize the functionalities of Windows Server 2016 will learn how to define, install, and configure the clustering features. These informative lessons, followed by worksheets and quizzes, can help you be sure you're knowledgeable about these features. These resources are mobile-friendly and available 24/7, so you can study when and where it's convenient. Once you've reviewed the materials contained in this chapter, you will be able to:
- Define clustering within Windows Server 2016
- Relate the steps that users could take to create a cluster
- Provide examples of the uses of tools used to create clusters
- Utilize the commands available for configuring and managing clustering
- Discuss Storage Spaces Direct, and how to install and configure it on a server
1. Clustering in Windows Server 2016: Definition & Creation
In this lesson, we will discuss what clustering is in Windows Server 2016 and how it is used to achieve high availability. Additionally, we will review the steps necessary to create clusters.
2. Clustering Features & Tools in Windows Server 2016: List, Uses & Examples
In this lesson, we will discuss common clustering features and tools that are available to system administrators in Windows Server 2016. These include PowerShell cmdlets, shared virtual hard disks, and Cluster Shared Volumes, among others.
3. PowerShell Commands for Clustering in Windows Server 2016: List, Uses & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn the commands that are used to configure and manage the Clustering feature in Windows Server 2016 involving creating clusters and adding new cluster disks among other essential tasks.
4. Storage Spaces Direct in Windows Server 2016: Definition, Installation & Configuration
In this particular lesson, we will talk about Storage Spaces Direct, as it is introduced in Windows Server 2016. We will provide a definition and then discuss how it is deployed onto the Server and its important existing configurations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 322: Windows Server Configuration course
- Windows Server 2016 Installation & Configuration
- Configuring Storage & Replication in Windows Server 2016
- File & Share Access in Windows Server 2016
- Installing & Configuring Hyper-V in Windows Server 2016
- Creating & Managing Active Directory Users & Computers in Windows Server 2016
- Active Directory Groups & Organizational Units in Windows Server 2016
- Configuring Network Services with IPv4 & IPv6 in Windows Server 2016
- DHCP & DNS Configuration & Deployment in Windows Server 2016
- Installing Windows Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2016
- Ensuring High Availability in Windows Server 2016 Installations
- Windows Containers in Windows Server 2016
- Security Policies, Group Policies & User Account Control in Windows Server 2016
- Security Policies, Application Restrictions & Windows Firewall in Windows 2016
- Maintaining & Monitoring Windows Server 2016