About This Chapter
CMMP Exam: Consumer Behavior - Chapter Summary
The CMMP Exam will go over various topics you'll need to know for a career in marketing, including the subject of consumer behavior. Each of the video lessons in this chapter will teach you about an important subtopic related to consumer behavior that you will be assessed on in the exam. Some of these subtopics include:
- The theory of consumer behavior
- Consumer decision-making processes
- The definitions and differences of functional and psychological needs
- Buying behavior and marketing
- Factors that influence consumer buying decisions
- Cognitive dissonance and consumer behavior
Once you've gotten a good grasp of these topics with the lessons, you can take the chapter's practice quizzes to test your understanding and familiarize yourself with the format of the exam. Overall, the chapter will serve as a valuable study guide for the CMMP Exam.
1. Consumer Behavior Theory and Marketing Strategy
Watch this lesson to find out how marketers can use predictions about our behavior to create a strategy that helps them reach out to us and influence our decisions to buy.
2. Understanding the Consumer Decision-Making Process: A Marketing Must
In this lesson, you'll see how a consumer moves through a decision making process in order to purchase a product or service. Learn what methods marketers use to take advantage of this process.
3. Functional & Psychological Needs: Definition & Differences
People shop to fulfill two different needs. Some consumers have functional needs that are satisfied when the purchase makes logical sense. Psychological needs are met when the product can be connected with emotion.
4. Buying Behavior and Marketing: Types of Consumer Buying Decisions
Marketers must consider how consumers decide to buy their product. Consumers use nominal, limited, and extended decision making. Watch this video to learn more about the different types of consumer decisions.
5. Influences on Consumer Buying Decisions: Cultures, Values & More
External influences are all around us and play a large role in our buying decisions. Watch this video to see how cultures, values and other influences shape our purchases.
6. Cognitive Dissonance & Post-Purchase Process
Have you ever second-guessed a major purchase? Watch this video to understand what cognitive dissonance is and how marketers can keep us from experiencing it.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional course
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Management
- CMMP Exam: Integrated Marketing Communication
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Channel Management
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Strategy
- CMMP Exam: Corporate Social Responsibility
- CMMP Exam: Product Development
- CMMP Exam: Pricing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Plan
- CMMP Exam: Brand Management
- CMMP Exam: Market Segmentation & Positioning
- CMMP Exam: Global Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Relationship Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Internet Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Research
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Intelligence System
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Ethics & Compliance
- CMMP Exam: Specialized Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Performance Measurement
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Attitudes & Abilities
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Ethics
- CMMP Exam: Critical Relevant Proficiencies
- CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional Flashcards