About This Chapter
CMMP Exam: Corporate Social Responsibility - Chapter Summary
The video lessons contained within this chapter will teach you about important points related to corporate social responsibility. These lessons will be especially helpful for the Certified Marketing Managerial Professional (CMMP) Exam. Some of the topics you'll learn about in these lessons include:
- The origins of corporate social responsibility
- Business ethics
- Different levels of corporate responsibility
- The definition and responsibilities of corporate social performance
Go over the video lessons and practice quizzes in this chapter to prepare for the format and content of the CMMP Exam. Each lesson comes with a full written transcript and key terms highlighted. You are welcome to contact our instructors with any questions you may have.
1. The Origins of Social Responsibility
Although the idea of business helping society can be traced back to ancient times, the full thrust of corporate social responsibility was born in the 1950s. In this lesson, you will learn the origins of social responsibility.
2. Business Ethics: Corporate Social Responsibility
Now that companies are concerned with society's welfare, corporate social responsibility is a controversial topic. In this lesson, learn the two theories of social responsibility and the arguments for and against the practice.
3. The Levels of Corporate Social Responsibility
Most companies do not start as socially-responsible companies. In fact, the path to embracing corporate social responsibility consists of four different levels that companies progress through that will benefit their stakeholders.
4. Corporate Social Performance: Definition & Responsibilities
How can managers judge if their company is providing good corporate citizenship or being socially responsible? In this lesson, you will learn about how a corporate social performance model is used to critique if a company is providing shareholder satisfaction.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional course
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Management
- CMMP Exam: Integrated Marketing Communication
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Channel Management
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Strategy
- CMMP Exam: Product Development
- CMMP Exam: Pricing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Plan
- CMMP Exam: Brand Management
- CMMP Exam: Market Segmentation & Positioning
- CMMP Exam: Global Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Relationship Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Internet Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Consumer Behavior
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Research
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Intelligence System
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Ethics & Compliance
- CMMP Exam: Specialized Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Performance Measurement
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Attitudes & Abilities
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Ethics
- CMMP Exam: Critical Relevant Proficiencies
- CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional Flashcards