About This Chapter
CMMP Exam: Critical Relevant Proficiencies - Chapter Summary
The Certified Marketing Management Professional (CMMP) Exam will contain questions that will assess you on the subject of critical relevant proficiencies. In order to improve your understanding of this subject, you can go through each of the lessons contained in this chapter for comprehensive overviews of relevant subtopics. Some of the points you'll go over in the chapter include:
- The four functions of management and internal organizational change
- Strategic change management
- Communication skills for leaders
- The definition, characteristics and examples of entrepreneurs
- Interpersonal skills and effective leadership habits
- The definition and types of decision making
- Team development stages
- Negotiation and problem-solving techniques
- The theories, methods and factors of employee motivation
- The steps in project management
- Stakeholder mapping and time management
If you want to test your understanding of these topics (and more), you can go through the chapter's practice quizzes. Both the video lessons and quizzes will serve as an invaluable guide to the content and format of the CMMP Exam itself.
1. Four Functions of Management: Planning, Organizing, Leading & Controlling
A person who holds a management position inside an organization is required to think strategically and conceptually in order to achieve organizational goals. This lesson will describe the four functions of management and how they relate to organizational success.
2. Types of Internal Organizational Change: Structural, Strategic, People, and Process
Organizational change can occur in response to internal or external factors. This lesson focuses specifically on those changes that occur in a company's internal environment, including structural, strategic, people and process changes.
3. What Is Strategic Change Management? - Definition, Models & Examples
In this lesson, we'll be looking at strategic change management, which is a process of managing a change within an organization or company. We'll also look at the various models of strategic change management. Afterwards, you can test your knowledge with a quiz.
4. The Importance of Strong Communication Skills for Leaders
There is nothing more frustrating than a leader who doesn't have strong communication skills. Likewise, working with someone who values effective communication makes work more enjoyable. This lesson discusses the value of strong communication skills.
5. What is an Entrepreneur? - Definition, Characteristics & Examples
Entrepreneurship is an important engine of growth in the economy. In this lesson, you'll learn about what an entrepreneur is and the key characteristics and skills that a successful entrepreneur possesses. Some examples of entrepreneurs will also be given.
6. Interpersonal Skills in the Workplace: Examples and Importance
The ability to communicate within an organization depends heavily upon people's interpersonal skills. These are the tools people use to interact and communicate with individuals in an organizational environment.
7. Qualities of Effective Leadership
Effective leadership takes effort, commitment, and a passion for the success of others. In this lesson, the seven qualities to be an effective leader are discussed. By implementing these steps, you too can be an effective leader.
8. Decision Making: Definition & Types
How do you make decisions? When we talk about deciding between choices we can break the processes into types. This lesson will fill you in on the different ways to make decisions and give you a few examples of each.
9. The Stages of Team Development
You've noticed that many companies are moving toward working in teams. How do they do it? What does it entail? This lesson explains what to expect from team development and how to work through each stage.
10. What Is Employee Motivation? - Theories, Methods & Factors
Motivated employees are essential to the success of an organization. In this lesson, you'll learn about some theories of motivation, methods and factors to consider. You'll have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
11. What is Negotiation? - The Five Steps of the Negotiation Process
Companies have to negotiate in numerous areas of organizational conflict. Negotiation is an open process for two parties to find an acceptable solution to a complicated conflict. There are five steps to the negotiation process.
12. Problem Solving in Organizations: Skills, Steps & Strategies
We all have a variety of problems to solve at work each day. You can learn more about some of the ways that effective managers deal with problems and overcome even the toughest challenges in this lesson.
13. Project Management Steps
In this lesson we will learn about project management. There are five major steps with project management, and we will walk through each one. The lesson will conclude with a summary and a quiz.
14. Stakeholder Mapping: Definition & Importance
Stakeholder mapping is a business technique used for identifying the voice of the customer as it relates to an organization's overall business success. We'll discuss the four-step approach to stakeholder mapping and how to successfully engage your stakeholders.
15. What is Time Management? - Definition, Examples & Studies
There are more options today than ever before for ways to spend our time - or waste it! Read on to learn why and how we can better manage our most scarce resource.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional course
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Management
- CMMP Exam: Integrated Marketing Communication
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Channel Management
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Strategy
- CMMP Exam: Corporate Social Responsibility
- CMMP Exam: Product Development
- CMMP Exam: Pricing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Plan
- CMMP Exam: Brand Management
- CMMP Exam: Market Segmentation & Positioning
- CMMP Exam: Global Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Relationship Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Internet Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Consumer Behavior
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Research
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Intelligence System
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Ethics & Compliance
- CMMP Exam: Specialized Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Performance Measurement
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Attitudes & Abilities
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Ethics
- CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional Flashcards