About This Chapter
CMMP Exam: Internet Marketing - Chapter Summary
Internet marketing is proving to be an effective marketing strategy in our social media and technology-driven society. Use this CMMP Exam study guide chapter to review how to use this marketing strategy efficiently by examining topics including:
- Defining the limits of communication technology within the workplace
- Incorporating new communication channels, including social media, with traditional IMC tactics
- Identifying the types and advantages/disadvantages of various interactive marketing vehicles
- Examining trends in social media marketing and global e-commerce
This CMMP Exam study guide thoroughly outlines key principles you'll need to know for the CMMP Exam and provides you opportunities to assess your comprehension through lesson quizzes and a chapter exam. The online learning format of this study guide allows for flexibility when studying while also providing you with the tools you need to adequately prepare for the test. Each video comes with a full video transcript with highlighted key words. Quiz worksheets are also available, as are instructors who are happy to answers any questions.
1. The Importance of Using Communication Technology Wisely
It is very important for businesses to use communication technology wisely. This lesson explores why companies need guidelines or a code of conduct for employees to understand the limits of cell phones, emails, texting, and social media.
2. Emerging Integrated Marketing Communication Channels
There are a myriad of channels today through which marketers can reach their audience. In this lesson, you'll learn about some new and emerging channels and how they can be linked with traditional channels.
3. Interactive Marketing Vehicles: Types, Pros & Cons
Interactive marketing is a great way to engage with your audience. In this lesson, you'll learn about various types of interactive marketing vehicles and their advantages and disadvantages.
4. Integrated Marketing Communication & Social Media
In this lesson, we will identify what integrated marketing communication (IMC) is and how businesses can use it effectively. We will also take a look at how social media can be utilized in an IMC plan.
5. Trends in Social Media Marketing
With about 74% of Internet users integrated into social media, it is no wonder businesses are using this powerful tool. With its endless reach and frequency, social media marketing brings the storefront to the homes and heads of its viewers.
6. Internet and Global Marketing: Ecommerce on an International Scale
E-commerce is a low risk business strategy for companies to use for developing an international customer base. The combination of global marketing with an Internet distribution method allows many companies to try their hand at reaching growing target markets overseas.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional course
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Management
- CMMP Exam: Integrated Marketing Communication
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Channel Management
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Strategy
- CMMP Exam: Corporate Social Responsibility
- CMMP Exam: Product Development
- CMMP Exam: Pricing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Plan
- CMMP Exam: Brand Management
- CMMP Exam: Market Segmentation & Positioning
- CMMP Exam: Global Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Relationship Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Consumer Behavior
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Research
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Intelligence System
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Ethics & Compliance
- CMMP Exam: Specialized Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Performance Measurement
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Attitudes & Abilities
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Ethics
- CMMP Exam: Critical Relevant Proficiencies
- CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional Flashcards