About This Chapter
CMMP Exam: Marketing Channel Management - Chapter Summary
Marketing channel management is one of many topics you will need to know if you want to do well on the CMMP Exam. For this specific topic, you can use the video lessons contained in this chapter to learn about important concepts you'll need to know for the exam. Some of the points you'll find in these lessons include:
- The definition and function of the marketing channel and channel intermediaries
- The types of wholesale intermediaries
- Strategies for retail distribution
- Types, trends and examples of non-store retailing
- The role of retailing in marketing
- Multichannel retailing
After going through the video lessons, take the practice quizzes to test your understanding of these topics. The CMMP Exam will be easier if you use our study guides to prepare yourself for the exam's format and content.
1. Marketing Channel: Definition and Function in the Marketplace
In this lesson, we'll learn about the marketing channel, which allows producers to deliver their product to consumers in the correct quantity, type and location. Without help from additional channel members, most companies would not be able to increase their target market reach and satisfy their customer needs.
2. Channel Intermediaries: Definition and Function in Business
Marketing managers must have an effective physical distribution strategy, and companies must be able to deliver their products to the consumer. Most managers utilize channel intermediaries to help with transactional, logistical and facilitating functions. Learn more about this process here.
3. Types of Wholesale Intermediaries
One of the challenges facing many manufacturers of consumer products is getting products in front of consumers. In this lesson, you'll learn about types of wholesale intermediaries and the roles they play in the product distribution process.
4. Retail Distribution Strategies
Retailers, such as department stores, discount stores and boutiques, sell most consumer products. In this lesson, you'll learn about different retail distribution strategies that manufacturers employ to get their products in front of consumers.
5. Non-Store Retailing: Types, Trends & Examples
Most individual consumers purchase products through retailers. Physical 'brick and mortar' stores are not the only type of retailing in the marketplace. In this lesson, you'll learn about retailing beyond traditional retail stores.
6. Retailing's Role in Marketing: Definition and Dimensions
When you start a retail store, there are many things to consider, from the type of service you'll offer to the scale of the business. In this lesson, you will learn about retailing's role in marketing and the different forms retail stores can take.
7. Multichannel Retailing: Definition, Benefits & Challenges
This lesson will identify the benefits of multichannel retailing, such as customer loyalty and improved analytics. We will also look at challenges, such as information security and personnel time. Examples of multichannel retailing will be given.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional course
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Management
- CMMP Exam: Integrated Marketing Communication
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Strategy
- CMMP Exam: Corporate Social Responsibility
- CMMP Exam: Product Development
- CMMP Exam: Pricing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Plan
- CMMP Exam: Brand Management
- CMMP Exam: Market Segmentation & Positioning
- CMMP Exam: Global Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Relationship Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Internet Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Consumer Behavior
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Research
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Intelligence System
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Ethics & Compliance
- CMMP Exam: Specialized Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Performance Measurement
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Attitudes & Abilities
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Ethics
- CMMP Exam: Critical Relevant Proficiencies
- CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional Flashcards