About This Chapter
CMMP Exam: Marketing Performance Measurement - Chapter Summary
Use the lessons in this chapter to learn about some of the main points of marketing performance measurement that you will need on the Certified Marketing Management Professional (CMMP) exam. Each lesson covers a specific subtopic that you might encounter on the exam itself. The subjects you'll learn about are:
- The purpose and role of long-term marketing metrics
- How to measure the successes and failures of marketing plans
- The definition, formula, analysis and examples of profitability ratios
The chapter also contains practice quizzes you can use to assess your recollection of the main points from the lessons. You can study on a computer, smartphone or tablet, anytime you have a few minutes. If you have questions, use our 'teacher' tab to contact the instructors for help.
1. Marketing Metrics in the Long-Term: Purpose & Role
Marketing metrics are very important to the success of a business. The purposes and goals of marketing metrics are to determine what methods will increase profitability for a company both in the short-term and in the long-term.
2. Measuring Marketing Plan Successes & Failures
Every company needs to have a plan for marketing, and they need to make sure they are measuring the successes or failures of that plan. This lesson will provide techniques and strategies for doing just that.
3. Profitability Ratio: Definition, Formula, Analysis & Example
How do you know if a company is performing well? In this lesson, you'll learn about various profitability ratios, including what they mean, their formulas and examples illustrating them. A short quiz follows the lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional course
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Management
- CMMP Exam: Integrated Marketing Communication
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Channel Management
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Strategy
- CMMP Exam: Corporate Social Responsibility
- CMMP Exam: Product Development
- CMMP Exam: Pricing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Plan
- CMMP Exam: Brand Management
- CMMP Exam: Market Segmentation & Positioning
- CMMP Exam: Global Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Relationship Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Internet Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Consumer Behavior
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Research
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Intelligence System
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Ethics & Compliance
- CMMP Exam: Specialized Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Attitudes & Abilities
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Ethics
- CMMP Exam: Critical Relevant Proficiencies
- CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional Flashcards