About This Chapter
CMMP Exam: Marketing Plan - Chapter Summary
The video lessons in this chapter will teach you about some important points related to the subject of creating and using marketing plans and why they are vital to business. The Certified Marketing Management Professional (CMMP) exam will include questions assessing you on topics including:
- The definition of a marketing plan
- The elements and development of strategic marketing plans
- The marketing mix
- Examples and explanations of marketing plan controls
- How to use the MEWS methods in marketing plans
Once you've gone through the video lessons, you can use the chapter's practice quizzes to assess your understanding of the topic. If you have questions, it's easy to contact the instructors through our dashboard feature.
1. What is a Marketing Plan? - Definition & Sample
In this lesson, we will learn what a marketing plan is and why it is so important for a business to have one. We will cover the specific strategies the plan should have in order to help the organization achieve its goals.
2. Strategic Marketing Plans: Elements & Development
This course describes key elements for developing a strong marketing strategy: defining an objective and metrics, identifying the customer, understanding the competition, highlighting features and benefits, and developing a positioning statement.
3. The Marketing Mix: Product, Place, Price & Promotion
A marketing plan is the central part of the overall marketing strategy. A marketing plan's main focus is the marketing mix, which consists of product, place, promotion and price decisions. All four elements are very flexible and have many options. The main purpose of the marketing mix is to effectively communicate with the target market.
4. Marketing Plan Controls: Examples & Explanation
Marketing plan controls compare actual results to your marketing plan to make sure your efforts are generating the anticipated results. In this lesson, we'll discuss some common marketing controls and how to use them to analyze your marketing efforts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional course
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Management
- CMMP Exam: Integrated Marketing Communication
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Channel Management
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Strategy
- CMMP Exam: Corporate Social Responsibility
- CMMP Exam: Product Development
- CMMP Exam: Pricing
- CMMP Exam: Brand Management
- CMMP Exam: Market Segmentation & Positioning
- CMMP Exam: Global Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Relationship Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Internet Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Consumer Behavior
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Research
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Intelligence System
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Ethics & Compliance
- CMMP Exam: Specialized Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Performance Measurement
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Attitudes & Abilities
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Ethics
- CMMP Exam: Critical Relevant Proficiencies
- CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional Flashcards