About This Chapter
CMMP Exam: Marketing Research - Chapter Summary
If you are planning on taking the Certified Marketing Management Professional (CMMP) Exam, you will need to have a solid understanding of the topic of marketing research. You can use the video lessons contained in this chapter to help you study the main aspectss of marketing research. Some of the subjects you'll find in the lessons include:
- The definition, purpose and role of marketing research
- Formulating a marketing research project
- The definition, sources and collection of secondary data
- Quantitative and qualitative research
- How to choose data collection techniques
In addition to studying the lessons, you can test your understanding of these topics by going over the chapter's practice quizzes. Taken as a whole, the chapter will give you a good indication of what to expect on the CMMP Exam itself.
1. Marketing Research: Definition, Purpose and Role in Marketing Strategy
If you're a business owner, you need to know your clientele. Watch this lesson to understand the purpose and role of marketing research strategy in an overall marketing plan. This might be just the info you need!
2. How to Establish a Marketing Research Project
Most consumers don't realize how much behind-the-scenes research and analysis goes into the marketing of a product. With millions of dollars at stake, marketers must use information available to formulate a key marketing plan, decision or change in strategy.
3. Secondary Data in Marketing Research: Definition, Sources & Collection
Marketing research requires data, and secondary data is often the most convenient and cost-effective option. In this lesson, you'll learn about secondary data, including its sources and how to collect it.
4. Quantitative vs. Qualitative Research
In this lesson, we identify the differences between quantitative and qualitative research methods in the social sciences. We also discuss the advantages and disadvantages of each approach.
5. Strategies for Choosing a Data Collection Technique
After figuring out what you are going to study, you, as the researcher, will need to figure out how to study it. This lesson discusses popular ways a researcher can collect data as well as why a researcher would chose a particular data collection technique.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional course
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Management
- CMMP Exam: Integrated Marketing Communication
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Channel Management
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Strategy
- CMMP Exam: Corporate Social Responsibility
- CMMP Exam: Product Development
- CMMP Exam: Pricing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Plan
- CMMP Exam: Brand Management
- CMMP Exam: Market Segmentation & Positioning
- CMMP Exam: Global Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Relationship Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Internet Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Consumer Behavior
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Intelligence System
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Ethics & Compliance
- CMMP Exam: Specialized Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Performance Measurement
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Attitudes & Abilities
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Ethics
- CMMP Exam: Critical Relevant Proficiencies
- CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional Flashcards