About This Chapter
CMMP Exam: Product Development - Chapter Summary
Prepare for the Certified Marketing Management Professional (CMMP) Exam by watching these lessons on product development. Each of these points may be found in questions on the CMMP Exam itself. Some of the topics you'll learn about in these lessons include:
- Product development and business growth
- Different types of new products
- Developing and marketing new consumer products
- The adoption of new products by customers
The chapter's practice quizzes will give you a good idea of the content and format of the CMMP Exam itself. The chapter as a whole will give you a much better chance of doing well when you take the test. Use dashboard feature to monitor your progress and see what topics you've mastered.
1. Product Development and Business Growth: Process & Strategies
Product development is an essential part of any company's growth strategy. It allows for growth in sales and market share. This development, though, is a finely tuned process that we will discuss in this lesson.
2. Types of New Products: New Product Lines, Product Improvements & More
You will learn about the types of new product categories, such as new product lines or repositioned products, and the new product development process, from idea generation to commercialization.
3. How to Develop and Market New Consumer Products
In this lesson, you will learn the six stages of the new product development process that companies use when they develop new consumer products. You'll also learn why it is important for companies that develop new consumer products to use this process.
4. How a New Product is Adopted by Consumers
In this lesson, you will learn the five stages consumers go through to determine whether or not to adopt a product that is new to the marketplace. You will also learn why it is important for companies introducing new products to understand the adoption process their customers use.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional course
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Management
- CMMP Exam: Integrated Marketing Communication
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Channel Management
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Strategy
- CMMP Exam: Corporate Social Responsibility
- CMMP Exam: Pricing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Plan
- CMMP Exam: Brand Management
- CMMP Exam: Market Segmentation & Positioning
- CMMP Exam: Global Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Relationship Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Internet Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Consumer Behavior
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Research
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Intelligence System
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Ethics & Compliance
- CMMP Exam: Specialized Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Performance Measurement
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Attitudes & Abilities
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Ethics
- CMMP Exam: Critical Relevant Proficiencies
- CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional Flashcards