About This Chapter
CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Attitudes & Abilities - Chapter Summary
Gain an understanding of how employee attitudes and abilities can be directed to accomplish specific business goals by studying the strategies in this CMMP study guide chapter. These lessons thoroughly review topics including:
- Relationship of character traits, including creativity, innovation and adaptability to change, to success in business
- Importance of cultural diversity in the workplace
- Utilizing emotional intelligence as a motivational tool
- Influences on ethical decision making
- Examination of business strategies used to combine forces, including vertical and horizontal integration
- Definition of brain lateralization and its impact on soft skills and technical abilities
All of these topics will provide you with a better understanding of the relevance between attitudes and abilities and business function. In preparation for related questions on the CMMP exam, assess your comprehension of these concepts by taking the lesson quizzes and chapter exam. Full video transcripts are also available, as are quiz worksheets, to aid you in the studying process. If you need further clarification on any of these topics, our instructors are always available to help.
1. Creativity, Innovation, and Change and the Knowledge Economy
In business, one has to be creative and innovative in order to stay ahead of the competition. Having said that, one also needs to be able to manage change, as the business world changes on a constant basis. This lesson will address each of these topics and explain how they interrelate to business.
2. Cultural Diversity in the Workplace: Definition, Trends & Examples
Cultural diversity is a form of appreciating the differences in individuals. The differences can be based on gender, age, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and social status. Companies have realized the value in acquiring a diverse workforce.
3. Using Emotional Intelligence in Leadership
Many times managers or leaders focus on the functional aspects of the job you do, as opposed to the emotional intelligence that drives the way you do your job. In this lesson, we discuss emotional intelligence and how it relates to leadership.
4. Factors that Affect Ethical Behavior in the Workplace
This lesson will help you understand the factors that affect ethical behavior in the workplace and allow you to consider your own ethical decision making standards.
5. What is Vertical Integration? - Definition, Examples & Benefits
What do firms do when they want to increase their competitiveness? Some companies adopt a vertical integration strategy. In this lesson, you will learn what vertical integration is and how it is used.
6. Horizontal Integration: Definition, Benefits & Examples
When a company wants to grow, it will buy growth though the acquisition of other companies. In this lesson, you will learn how firms use a horizontal integration strategy to grow.
7. Brain Lateralization: Function, Definition & Test
Are you organized or creative? Questions like these are designed to determine whether you are right- or left-brained, an idea based on brain lateralization. You'll learn how brain functions are lateralized and whether there really is such a thing as being right- or left-brained.
8. What Are Soft Skills? - Definition & Examples
During conversations with customers and co-workers, getting and receiving messages from one another is essential to resolving concerns and in general getting things done. Understanding what soft skills are and how to use them is key.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional course
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Management
- CMMP Exam: Integrated Marketing Communication
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Channel Management
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Strategy
- CMMP Exam: Corporate Social Responsibility
- CMMP Exam: Product Development
- CMMP Exam: Pricing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Plan
- CMMP Exam: Brand Management
- CMMP Exam: Market Segmentation & Positioning
- CMMP Exam: Global Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Relationship Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Internet Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Consumer Behavior
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Research
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Intelligence System
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Ethics & Compliance
- CMMP Exam: Specialized Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Performance Measurement
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Ethics
- CMMP Exam: Critical Relevant Proficiencies
- CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional Flashcards