About This Chapter
CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Ethics - Chapter Summary
If you are preparing to take the Certified Marketing Management Professional (CMMP) Exam, you should spend some time studying the topic of professional proficiency in ethics. To this end, you can use the video lessons in this chapter to get a thorough overview of specific subtopics related to the subject. These subtopics include:
- Values, morals and ethics
- Ethics in contemporary business
- How to make ethical decisions
- How to be an empathetic communicator
- The definition and maintenance of professionalism in the workplace
In addition to the video lessons, you can use the chapter's practice quizzes to test yourself on how well you remember the main points from the lessons. The lessons and quizzes will serve as a valuable tool for preparing for the CMMP Exam.
1. What Are Values, Morals & Ethics?
In this lesson, learn the differences between ethics and morals. Consider how these terms can mean different things to philosophers compared with the general public and how values factor into the conversation.
2. Business Ethics in Contemporary Businesses
The concept of ethics is easy to give examples of but hard to define. In this lesson, we will discuss ethics and how they apply in the business world, as well as discuss an example of an ethical situation using Enron.
3. Ethical Decision Making
We have to make decisions every day, and many of these decisions have an ethical dimension. In this lesson, you'll learn about ethical decision-making and a process you can use to make ethically sound decisions. A short quiz follows.
4. Being an Empathetic Communicator
Empathy in the workplace allows for the development of good working relationships. This lesson covers the ways that you can be an empathetic communicator in business.
5. Professionalism in the Workplace: Definition & Maintenance
Being a true professional is a valuable and rewarding attribute. Use the keys in this lesson to learn how to increase your professionalism, maintain your dignity, and demonstrate your commitment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional course
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Management
- CMMP Exam: Integrated Marketing Communication
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Channel Management
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Strategy
- CMMP Exam: Corporate Social Responsibility
- CMMP Exam: Product Development
- CMMP Exam: Pricing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Plan
- CMMP Exam: Brand Management
- CMMP Exam: Market Segmentation & Positioning
- CMMP Exam: Global Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Relationship Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Internet Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Consumer Behavior
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Research
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Intelligence System
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Ethics & Compliance
- CMMP Exam: Specialized Marketing
- CMMP Exam: Marketing Performance Measurement
- CMMP Exam: Professional Proficiency in Attitudes & Abilities
- CMMP Exam: Critical Relevant Proficiencies
- CMMP Exam Study Guide - Certified Marketing Management Professional Flashcards