About This Chapter
Coaching & Feedback in the Workplace - Chapter Summary
Take advantage of the lessons here to strengthen your understanding of coaching and feedback in the workplace. Get familiar with the definition of coaching, and learn the value of giving employees clear and consistent feedback. Lesson topics include:
- Effective goal setting
- Providing and responding to constructive feedback
- The definition of positive feedback
These short, engaging lessons come with a multiple-choice quiz to help assess your understanding of the material you just studied. You can track your progress on the dashboard, and you can use your mobile device to log in to your studies from any location, whenever you have a few minutes to work on your lessons.
1. Coaching in the Workplace: Definition & Importance
Just like sports, the workplace needs coaches too! This lesson will discuss the definition and importance of effective workplace coaching, including the strategies and behaviors that go along with it.
2. Helping Others Set Effective Goals
A manager must be able to help others set effective goals for the company. Managers must prepare, clarify, decide, commit, and participate in order for goals to be achieved by employees.
3. Giving and Responding to Constructive Feedback
Giving and receiving feedback in a work environment allows individuals to understand how they are performing in their job. There are suggestions that individuals can follow to better understand how to deal with criticism.
4. Providing Clear & Consistent Feedback to Employees
Providing clear and consistent feedback to employees is a vital function for a successful business. Consistent feedback can be like a roadmap for an employee. It will provide a sense of direction, while informing the employee if they are heading down the correct, productive path.
5. Positive Feedback: Definition & Examples
Do you like feeling appreciated? Is it important to be recognized when you've contributed to a project at work? Providing positive feedback is an important part of being a good leader. This lesson explains how to effectively implement positive feedback.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager course
- Strategic Planning in Business
- Business Missions & Goals
- Building Strategy in Business
- Value Chain Management
- Improving Customer Relations
- Improving Quality in Business
- Improving Efficiency in Business
- Improving Innovation in Business
- Project Management Definition & Skills
- Managing Structure & Culture in Business
- Building Teams & Work Groups
- Human Resources & Hiring
- Training & Assessment in an Organization
- Overview of Workplace Pay & Benefits
- Diversity at Work
- Career Business Networking
- Mentoring at Work
- Holding Productive Meetings
- CM Planning & Organizing Exam Study Guide - Certified Manager Flashcards