About This Chapter
Coaching Models & Strategies at Work - Chapter Summary
When you utilize this chapter on coaching models and strategies for the workplace, you'll access engaging lessons that explain these topics thoroughly. Some of the subjects covered in these professionally designed lessons include workplace coaching, developing a coaching mindset as a manager, employing empathy and understanding in coaching and the use of coaching to build team enthusiasm.
How It Helps
- Builds cohesive teams: By reviewing these lessons, your supervisors will discover how to build and encourage strong teams using coaching in the workplace.
- Provides details: Your supervisors can use the 5-step coaching model effectively with their teams once they understand its applications.
- Boost team morale: Teams and team members are happier and more productive when they feel they're understood and heard during the coaching process.
This corporate training chapter teaches your supervisors to do the following:
- Understand the principles and applications of workplace coaching
- Develop a coaching mindset as a manager
- Utilize empathy and understanding in workplace coaching
- Avoid common workplace failures and mistakes
- Use workplace coaching to boost team enthusiasm and cohesion
- Detail the pros and cons of the 5-step coaching model
- Develop individualized coaching plans
1. Workplace Coaching: Principles & Application
In this lesson, we'll explore the concept of workplace coaching and principles used by successful coaches. We'll also take a look at how these coaching principles can be executed at your workplace.
2. How to Develop a Coaching Mindset as a Manager
A manager with a coaching mindset can help his or her team exceed their goals and stretch beyond their limits by encouraging and supporting them. Use the steps in this lesson to understand how to be a manager with a coaching mindset.
3. Empathy & Understanding in Workplace Coaching
Tending to the needs of a business and the humanity of its employees requires a delicate balance of practices and policies. This lesson explores ways to achieve this balance when coaching employees.
4. Common Workplace Coaching Mistakes & Failures
Coaches dealing with employees in the workplace may encounter different types of mistakes or failures along the way. In this lesson, we'll look at some of the most common workplace coaching blunders.
5. Workplace Coaching to Build Team Cohesion & Enthusiasm
This lesson identifies coaching techniques that team leaders can use to build cohesion within their teams. We'll also discuss different ways to improve team enthusiasm and spirit.
6. 5-Step Coaching Model: Definition, Pros & Cons
The 5-step coaching model is an effective tool in managing employees and helping them create the future that is most desirable for them. Work through the steps to motivate and encourage your team.
7. How to Develop Individualized Coaching Plans
In this lesson, we'll explore the nature and purpose of individualized coaching, including a description of a seven-step coaching plan. We'll also examine common errors and some best practices for establishing and maintaining reasonable milestones.
8. Practical Application: Rating Your Coaching Skills
What type of coach are you in the workplace? In this asset, you'll be asked to assess yourself and then get a look at some of the most common coaching fails and how to recognize and avoid them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Team Building Skills for Supervisors course
- Team Types, Characteristics & Roles
- New Teams & Team Members
- Team Goals, Objectives, Charters & Plans
- Leadership Styles & Skills
- Leading Team Meetings
- Team Communication & Delegation
- Team Motivation & Rewards
- Team Conflict & Problem Solving
- Team Absenteeism & Discipline
- Team Assessment & Improvement