About This Chapter
Coaching Successful Teams - Chapter Summary
In this corporate training chapter, we offer a series of lessons on coaching successful teams designed for use with your employees. They'll study the GROW coaching model, the development of a coaching mindset and the process of encouraging team communication. Accessible 24 hours a day, the chapter can be utilized by your employees whenever time permits.
How It Helps
- Offers knowledge:This resource teaches your employees about the difference between teams and groups as well as the importance of communication in teams.
- Promotes self-awareness: With a lesson on rating your own coaching skills, your team members will come away from this chapter with an understanding of how they can improve their own leadership skills.
- Clarifies concepts: Your employees can learn about the GROW coaching model and the importance of feedback.
Once this chapter is complete, your team members should be able to:
- Understand why teams are more effective than groups
- Develop a coaching mindset as a manager
- Outline the GROW coaching model for teams
- Discuss the importance of communicating with teams with examples
- Encourage team member feedback and communication
- Rate their coaching skills
1. Why Teams Are More Effective Than Groups
Teams that work toward a shared goal boast more effectiveness than groups of people working independently. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the effectiveness of teams and why the team setting is successful.
2. How to Develop a Coaching Mindset as a Manager
A manager with a coaching mindset can help his or her team exceed their goals and stretch beyond their limits by encouraging and supporting them. Use the steps in this lesson to understand how to be a manager with a coaching mindset.
3. The GROW Coaching Model for Teams
The GROW coaching model helps teams work from their current reality to their desired goal. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this coaching model and how it can be applied in a team setting.
4. Communicating with Teams: Importance & Examples
This lesson is going to go over a couple of examples. The first one will show you what poor team communication looks like and the second one will fix the latter to showcase an example of good team communication.
5. Encouraging Team Member Communication & Feedback
Communication and feedback are two important tools in the workplace. In this lesson, you'll learn more about how to encourage team members to contribute in these two areas by implementing a few simple strategies.
6. Practical Application: Rating Your Coaching Skills
What type of coach are you in the workplace? In this asset, you'll be asked to assess yourself and then get a look at some of the most common coaching fails and how to recognize and avoid them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.