About This Chapter
Collaboration, Reflection & Technology in Physical Education - Chapter Summary
This chapter's video lessons center on incorporating technology, reflection and collaboration into the classroom, particularly in physical education (PE) settings. Our instructors discuss current issues in education and describe methods you can use to encourage physical activity in both school and community environments.
By watching the short video lessons, you'll also review instructional design, technology and the use of the reflective cycle to create change. After making your way through the chapter, you should be prepared to:
- Identify ways to integrate other subjects in PE
- Explain how to develop relationships supportive of student growth
- Describe strategies for promoting physical activity
- Understand the reflective cycle
- Give examples of resources for reflective professionals
- Discuss the pros and cons of educational technology
- Describe how to use technology in PE
- Explain how to bring technology into instructional design
We make learning about educational methods an entertaining, efficient process. Most video lessons are less than 10 minutes long and they all contain tags so that you can rewatch excerpts as needed for review. We offer video transcripts that highlight important terms or concepts. Each lesson includes a self-assessment quiz so you can gauge your comprehension of the chapter's material.
1. Current Educational Issues That Cross Subject Matter Boundaries
This lesson takes a look at some major issues that are currently being discussed by teachers across all content areas, including Common Core State Standards, the Every Student Succeeds Act, and school funding challenges.
2. How to Integrate Knowledge & Skills From Multiple Subjects in Physical Education
In this lesson, we will learn some specific ways that teachers can integrate other content areas, specifically English language arts and mathematics, into physical education instruction.
3. Creating Productive Relationships to Support Student Growth & Well-Being
This lesson provides you with a toolbox of practical strategies for creating a productive learning environment that fosters student growth and well-being. Read on to learn more.
4. Promoting Physical Activity in School & the Community
Are you aware of the many benefits that physical exercise can have on our schools and the surrounding community? In this lesson, we discuss ways to promote physical activity in both these venues and offer a variety of ideas to enhance health, fitness, and wellness.
5. Using the Reflective Cycle to Facilitate Change
When things aren't going well in the classroom, what steps can you take to make a change? This lesson looks at how to use a reflective cycle to gain insight and make conscious improvements.
6. Using Resources to Develop & Grow As a Reflective Professional
Teaching is a career in which you spend your life learning and growing. There are many resources available for teachers to help them grow and develop as reflective professionals. This lesson details some of those resources and how to use them.
7. Technology in Physical Education
Physical education can be made fun, interesting, and more productive thanks to the use of technology. Find out how tablets, exer-games, and much more can help improve physical education.
8. Instructional Design & Technology Implementation
This lesson gives you an inside look into instructional design, the process you take - knowingly or unknowingly - when you introduce new material to your students. In particular, you'll learn processes for incorporating technology into the learning environment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Physical Education (5091): Practice & Study Guide course
- Introduction to Physical Education
- Physical Development, Health & Fitness
- Motor Skills & Movement Activities
- Kinesiology & Biomechanics
- Physical Education & Weight Management
- Functions of the Cardiorespiratory System
- Muscular System Functions
- Gross Anatomy of the Muscular System
- Connective Tissue Overview
- Human Skeletal System
- Softball Rules & Skills
- Soccer History & Rules
- Swimming Skills & Benefits
- Tennis Rules & Techniques
- History & Rules of Track & Field
- Volleyball History & Rules
- Cognitive Influences on Learning
- Behavioral Influences on Learning
- Student Learning & Motivation
- Managing the Physical Education Classroom
- Communication in Physical Education Settings
- Planning & Instruction in Physical Education
- Student Assessment Types
- Measurement & Analysis for Student Assessments
- Student Assessment in Special Education
- Praxis Physical Education Flashcards