About This Chapter
Collage & Mosaic Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
Ensure your students gain full comprehension of collages and mosaic art by using this chapter to create entertaining lessons. Utilize teacher resources like our informative lesson plans, which include instructional guidance, learning objectives, homework suggestions and more. Let these lesson plans aid in curriculum and lesson planning for topics that include the following:
- Fractal art
- Paper mosaic
This chapter is available to view 24/7 via any computer or mobile device, enabling you to plan lessons before, during or after school. Take advantage of companion lessons and short quizzes accompanying the lesson plans that you can share with students to deepen their collage and mosaic knowledge.
How It Helps
- Vocabulary words: Pinpoints important collage and mosaic terminology to incorporate into your lessons.
- Student engagement: Shares discussion and activity ideas that can keep your students engaged through increased participation.
- Individual or group projects: Offers ideas for individual or group projects that can help your students showcase their collage and mosaic knowledge.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources with relevant tools to make planning collage and mosaic lessons easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific collage and mosaic topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your art class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related collage and mosaic lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important collage and mosaic concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant collage and mosaic-related activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Collage Lesson Plan
Introduce collage in its many forms to your students and spark their creativity with a hands-on project. Suggestions for supplementary activities and related lessons help direct future instruction.
2. What Is Collage? - Definition, Famous Artists & Examples
What is a collage? This lesson takes you through the definition, provides some examples, discusses famous artists who made collages, and offers a quiz to see what you learned.
3. Mosaics Lesson Plan
Do you need an engaging method for teaching your students about the history of mosaic art? This lesson plan uses a text lesson to explain critical facts about this art form while summarizing the history of its use. An activity challenges students to reinterpret a classic mosaic.
4. What is Mosaic Art? - History & Design
There are many ways to decorate a surface. In this lesson, we'll check out mosaic art, see what exactly it is, and explore the various ways it's been used throughout history.
5. Mosaics Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Do you need a fun (and sweet) way to teach your students about the art of mosaic? This lesson plan builds upon a simple text lesson about mosaic art and culminates in a giant candy mosaic! Each student leaves with a memorable takeaway.
6. What is Mosaic Art? - Lesson for Kids
A mosaic is a special form of art that uses small objects to create larger pictures. In this lesson, learn about the history of mosaics, how they are created, and where you might find mosaics in everyday life.
7. Paper Mosaic Lesson Plan for Elementary School
This lesson plan gives you several ideas on how to use paper mosaics as a teaching tool in your classroom. Students learn the art form in context as well as application and connection to core-course material using supplies you have on hand.
8. Tessellations Games & Activities for High School
Tessellations are a common feature of mosaics and collages from a large variety of different cultures. In this lesson, your students will explore tessellations through engaging games and activities.
9. Fractal Art Lesson Plan
Would you be surprised to hear that you likely encounter fractal art each and every day? This lesson plan uses a text lesson to explain the genre of fractal art. A hands-on activity gives students a chance to emulate fractal art.
10. What is Fractal Art?
Fractals are unique and complicated mathematical forms of art. In this lesson, explore how fractals occur in nature, and how mathematical fractals were discovered with computers.
11. Fractal Art Activities & Games
Fractals are a fantastic subject to use in art and games! After all, the whole point of fractals is that they are patterns, and patterns are most easily understood through art!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Art Lesson Plans & Projects course