About This Chapter
Colorado History & Law - Chapter Summary
How much do you know about Colorado's history and law? This fun chapter can help you find out! Review short lessons at your own pace to feel confident that you have a quality understanding of this chapter's topics. Once you've completed the lessons, you will be ready to:
- Discuss the importance of human migrations and settlement in Colorado's development
- Explain the role law plays in Colorado's government and constitutional systems
- Describe the development of public policy at the local, state and national levels
Resources in this chapter enable you to study Colorado's history and law when your schedule permits. Lessons are accessible 24/7 and can be reviewed as many times as you choose. Take the quiz with each lesson whenever you're ready to assess your comprehension of concepts covered. If you have additional questions about lesson topics, feel free to submit them to our experts anytime.
1. History of Colorado: Settlement & People
In this lesson, we will learn about the history of Colorado. We will learn about the people groups who have settled there, and we will highlight key themes and developments.
2. Role of Law in Colorado
In this lesson, you will learn more about laws as they pertain to the State of Colorado, meaning, how they are passed. As with all states, there is a process by which laws are passed in Colorado. You'll learn the basics of this process and more about the players involved in seeing a law from its proposal to its finish.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PLACE Social Studies: Practice & Study Guide course
- World History Through the 1500's
- World History from the 1500s to the 1700s
- Mid-18th Century to Present Day World History
- Pre-Colonial America
- Colonizing the New World & the Start of a New Nation
- America's Early Years
- America from the Civil War to WWI
- The United States in the 20th Century
- The Evolution of American Culture in the 20th Century
- Geographic Tools & Regions
- Human Population Patterns
- Humans & Environmental Impact
- Historical Geography & Contemporary Issues
- The United States Constitution & Government
- Structure of the Different Levels of U.S. Government
- Political Relationships & the United States
- Microeconomics & Macroeconomics Overview
- Economic Systems & Activity
- Exchange & Trade Relationships
- Psychology, Sociology & Anthropology Basics
- Behavioral & Social Science Basics
- Writing & Research for Social Studies
- PLACE Social Studies Flashcards