About This Chapter
Commercial Organization in India - Chapter Summary
This chapter on commercial organization in India covers different types of organizations and business structures, such as non-profit, sole proprietorships and partnerships. You can also gain a richer understanding of the relationship between industry, commerce, and trade. After completing the chapter, you should be able to:
- Provide examples of economic activities
- List different types of commerce
- Discuss the nature of business ownership structures in India
- Compare for profit and not-for-profit organizations in India
Our lessons use clear instruction plenty of examples to help you quickly grasp the concepts presented. Each lesson is concise and only takes about five minutes to complete. A brief quiz is available to test your understanding of each lesson, and the quizzes can be printed for use as an offline study tool.
1. Economic Activity: Definition & Examples
Do you like making money? Economic activities should fit the bill! In this lesson, you'll learn more about economic activities, the various types and how non-economic activities differ from money-making ventures.
2. Business Activities: Definition & Types
Business activities encompass all types of actions meant to help a company earn profits. In this lesson, you'll learn more about business activities, the various types, and how they're interconnected.
3. Business Ownership Structures in India
Thinking about going into business and not sure where to start? In this lesson, you'll learn more about the ownership structures of commercial organizations in India and some important features of each.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ICSE Commercial Studies: Study Guide & Syllabus course
- Functions of a Commercial Organization
- Communication in a Commercial Organization
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Banking in India
- Home & International Trade
- Pollution & Business
- Waste Management in India
- Stakeholders in Commercial Organizations
- Business Marketing in India
- Human Resources in India
- Logistics & Insurance in Business
- ICSE Commercial Studies Flashcards