About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering electronic communication material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about communicating electronically. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to prepare and transmit communications electronically
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning business (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about communicating electronically
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra business learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the chapter exam on communicating electronically.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the chapter exam on communicating electronically to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question on communicating electronically. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a unit on communicating electronically of a standard business communications course. Topics covered include:
- Using electronic methods of communication for business messages
- Writing effective email messages
- How and when to use text and instant messaging in the workplace
- Responsible use of communication technology at work
- Legal and ethical aspects of electronic communications
1. Using Technology to Help Compose Your Message: Formatting & Effectiveness
An important skill for individuals to develop for the work place is the ability to use technology to compose messages. Word processing software can help improve formatting and the overall effectiveness of your message.
2. Writing Effective Emails in the Workplace: Formality, Content, Language and Format
Businesses need to train their employees in the art of writing effective emails in the workplace. The key factors of a successful email revolve around having the correct knowledge of email formality, content, language and format.
3. Guidelines for Using Instant and Text Messaging in the Workplace
Companies are embracing alternative means of communication to increase profits and aid in delivering messages. Mobile messaging policies for instant and text messaging should be established to aid employees in their daily use.
4. Legal and Ethical Communication: Description & Importance
Legal and ethical communication is essential to companies to ensure truthful, accurate and morally-correct decision making. Companies need to give consideration to how they communicate and remain lawful in their day-to-day business activities.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Communications: Help & Review course
- Business Communication Framework
- Spoken & Written Messages
- Preparing Written Messages
- Delivering Good & Neutral Tone Messages
- Delivering Bad News Messages
- Delivering Persuasive Messages
- Reporting Process & Research Methods of Business Communication
- Managing Data & Using Graphs in Business Communications
- Organizing & Preparing Reports & Proposals
- Designing & Delivering Business Presentations
- Preparing Job Applications
- Management Theory
- Organization in Business Management
- Motivation & Management Theories in Business
- Decision Making & Problem Solving Strategies
- Principles of Change Management
- Control as a Function of Management
- Basic Financial Statements
- Inventory Cost & Valuation
- Fundamentals of Microeconomics
- Online Privacy & Security
- Understanding Enterprise Business Systems