About This Chapter
Communicating via Technology - Chapter Summary
As technological advancements rapidly rise and our usage and dependence on technology in several aspects of our lives increases, understanding its purpose and potential usefulness in the classroom is necessary for modern-day educators. Watch the video lessons in this chapter to learn ways of understanding and incorporating technology into your communications as a counselor. These lessons discuss:
- Instructional strategies for teaching digital literacy in the classroom
- Exploring the digital generation and how to best meet their teaching needs
- Examination of technology ethics pertaining to classroom usage
- Using technologies for collaboration and group communication
You are most likely already familiar with the idea of communicating through technology, however, the lessons in this chapter will help you understand and effectively apply it from a teaching perspective. Each video lesson comes with a full video transcript that can be used to study the concepts covered. Use the lesson quizzes and chapter exam as opportunities to practice what you've learned and re-review any information, if necessary.
1. Teaching Digital Literacy in the Classroom
Digital literacy is an important skill for your students to learn. This lesson will provide strategies and tips for teaching digital literacy in your classroom.
2. Understanding and Teaching the Digital Generation
If your teaching in the 21st century, your students most likely belong to the digital generation. In this lesson, we'll provide you with a general overview of how to appeal to and engage members of the digital generation in the classroom.
3. Technology Ethics in the Classroom
The accessibility of information through technology is endless. In the classroom, students and teachers must follow ethical guidelines for appropriate use. In this lesson, you'll learn what some of the expectations are and how to use them.
4. Technologies for Group Communication and Collaboration: Groupware, Teleconferencing & Virtual Worlds
Technologies for group communication and collaboration allow intricate business relationships to exist and deliver productivity no matter where the employee is located. Groupware, teleconferencing and virtual worlds are three ways that technology is changing the face of the workplace.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - School Psychologist (042): Practice & Study Guide course
- Theories of Human Development
- Language & Social Development
- Mental Health Issues & Disorders
- Basics of Developmental Learning Theories
- Preparing for Diverse Learning Environments
- Encouraging Learning through School-Wide Practices
- Curriculum Strategy & Development
- Forms & Methods of Assessment of Learning
- Learning Assessment Issues
- Crisis Intervention Considerations for School Counselors
- Counseling Individuals & Groups
- Providing Effective Career Counseling
- Providing Effective College Counseling
- Theories & Methods of Counseling
- Diversity Issues in School Counseling
- Creating Comprehensive School Counseling Programs
- Research & Data Collection
- Researching & Evaluating Education Programs
- Elements of Effective Communication
- Visual Representation of Information
- Communication & Collaboration
- Psychological Consultation & Collaboration in Schools
- Functions of the Guidance Counselor
- Professional Principles for School Psychologists
- Psychological Assessments for Special Populations
- Legal Issues & Government Policies
- Ohio Assessments for Educators School Psychologist Flashcards