About This Chapter
Communicating with Software & Media - Chapter Summary
The lessons you will find in this chapter will introduce you to a fun and fresh ways to brush up on subjects like the inner workings of multimedia software for audio and video, features of Microsoft Office and Open Office, use of graphics for writing projects, and others! Utilize thorough quizzes and worksheets to test your memory of the concepts you've reviewed. Other subjects that are covered by this chapter include the following:
- Job of application software
- Desktop publishing software, including MS Word
- Software for presentation, including CorelDraw
- Overview of workgroup application software
- Types of design for webpages and programming languages, like HTML
You are free to take our mobile-friendly study resources anywhere you go. If you have questions about the chapter, send them directly to the instructors. Revisit topics within the lesson videos by clicking the video tags.
1. Microsoft Office and Open Office: Office Suite Applications
Office suite software is a collection of commonly used applications. It typically includes word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database software. Learn how these applications work together to increase productivity in this video lesson.
2. Application Software for Personal, Enterprise & Workgroup Objectives
Application software is a computer program to carry out a specific task. Learn about the different types of applications at the individual, workgroup and enterprise level.
3. Desktop Publishing & Word Processing Software: MS Word, InDesign & WordPerfect
Word processing software is used to manipulate text and apply a basic design to your pages. More sophisticated design can be accomplished using desktop publishing software. Learn about the functionality of these two types of application software.
4. Presentation Software & Graphic Suites: Purpose & Examples
To make an impact on your audience, you not only need a strong message, you also need strong visuals. Learn how presentation and illustration software helps you make an impact when showing your work.
5. Workgroup Application Software for Business Teams
Many activities in organizations are carried out by workgroups. Learn about specialized workgroup software that makes it easier for members to communicate and collaborate more effectively in this video lesson.
Web design is the creation and visual design of documents displayed on the World Wide Web. It is important to create engaging and visually appealing websites to attract and retain customers. Many factors must be considered when designing a website. This video will explore the steps in Web design and the programming languages needed to create a dynamic and interactive website.
7. Using Graphics & Multimedia in Writing Projects
This lesson explores different ways to integrate graphics and multimedia into writing. Using newspapers as an example, we will look at how a front page photo adds dimension to a headline. Then, we will examine digital storytelling techniques.
8. Multimedia Software: Working with Audio and Video
Audio and video have become increasingly important in today's computer systems. Learn about how media players play back multimedia files as well as audio and video editing software to create your own productions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Computer/Technology (Subtests I & II)(016/017): Practice & Study Guide course
- Hardware & Systems Technology Basics
- Systems Software & Management
- Computer Data & Storage
- Computer & Peripheral Device Troubleshooting
- Acceptable Use Policies & Legal Issues
- Digital Security & Safety Issues at School
- Database Management
- Using Collaborative Online Tools to Communicate
- Electronic Research Tools & Information Literacy
- Using Technology to Improve Teaching & Learning
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Computer/Technology Flashcards