About This Chapter
Communication & Collaboration in Early Childhood Education - Chapter Summary
This chapter can ensure you fully understand communication and collaboration in early childhood education. Examine the roles of family, teachers, other professionals and even the community in helping students learn. Reviewing the lessons can enable you to:
- Describe the importance of family involvement in school activities
- Explain how to write a teacher introduction letter to parents
- List tips for success in parent-teacher conferences
- Discuss how to communicate effectively within positive education partnerships
- Identify ways to promote cooperative relationships in early childhood education
- Share how to become a reflective educator
Boost your understanding of concepts covered in the lessons by reviewing them at a pace that works for you. Lessons are available anytime, day or night, and can be accessed from your computer or mobile devices. Before, during or after exploring the lessons, gauge your comprehension of communication and collaboration in early childhood education by taking short quizzes and a chapter exam. Any questions you have about this chapter's topics can be submitted to our experts.
1. The Importance of Family Involvement in School Activities
With everyone's busy schedules, involving families in school activities can often be a challenge. However, with the effort comes a host of benefits. This lesson details several of those benefits that come with family involvement.
2. How to Write a Teacher Introduction Letter to Parents
A teacher introduction letter is the first contact you will have with your students' parents. This lesson will help you write a letter that includes all of the most important things parents should know.
3. Parent Teacher Conference Tips
'It takes a village to raise a child.' Although many know this to be an old African proverb, research has shown that student achievement increases when parents and teachers work together. This lesson will explore the importance of the parent-teacher conference when it comes to student success.
4. Communicating Effectively Within Positive Education Partnerships
In education, partnerships between teachers and parents, professionals, school and community groups, and others often exist to benefit young children. This lesson focuses on ways to communicate effectively to help these partnerships succeed.
5. Cooperative Relationships in Early Childhood Education
This lesson plan will benefit teachers looking for information on cooperative relationships in early childhood education, and how to build them. This lesson will focus on the cooperative relationship between teachers and students, the teacher and the family, and the teacher and administrators in early childhood education.
6. How to Become a Reflective Educator
Becoming a reflective educator can be very worthwhile both personally and professionally, but it is not necessarily easy. This lesson introduces strategies on how to be more reflective in your practice.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ILTS Early Childhood Education (206): Practice & Study Guide course
- Oral Language Development in Early Childhood
- Promoting Listening & Speaking Skills in Early Childhood
- Emergent Literacy in Early Childhood Education
- Phonemic Awareness in Early Childhood Education
- Print Concepts in Early Childhood Education
- Building Spelling Skills in Early Childhood
- Teaching Phonics in Early Childhood
- Word Identification Strategies in Early Childhood Education
- Vocabulary Development in Early Childhood Education
- Reading Comprehension Strategies in Early Childhood Education
- Applying Reading Skills in Early Childhood Education
- Writing Development in Early Childhood
- Early Childhood Writing Process
- Mathematical Concepts in Early Childhood
- Teaching Mathematics to Children
- Scientific Concepts & Processes in Early Childhood Education
- Earth & Space Science: Early Childhood Education
- Life Science in Early Childhood Education
- Physical Science in Early Childhood Education
- Environmental Science in Early Childhood Education
- Science Education Strategies for Early Childhood
- Geography Tools: Overview & Concepts
- Overview of American History
- Illinois History
- Civics & Economics in America
- Studying & Comparing Cultures
- Social Sciences in Early Childhood Education
- Protecting Personal Safety
- Health & Physical Education in Early Childhood Education
- Fine Arts in Child Education
- Early Childhood Physical Development
- Cognitive Development in Early Childhood
- Social Development in Early Childhood Education
- Health & Safety Issues in Early Childhood
- Planning for Instruction: Classroom Strategies
- Assessments in Childhood Education
- Individualized Education Plans
- Positive Learning Environments for Young Children
- The Early Childhood Education Professional
- ILTS Early Childhood Education Flashcards