About This Chapter
Communication, Conflict Resolution & Negotiation in Business - Chapter Summary
This self-paced business chapter offers short and entertaining lessons on a variety of business communication, conflict resolution and negotiation topics. Inside, you'll explore relevant topics including project communications management, business communication tools, technical writing, business facilitation and the negotiation process. By the end of the chapter, you'll be equipped to:
- Identify different types of organizational communication channels
- Recognize the benefits of project communications management
- Summarize the technical writing process and recognize the components of a business analysis report
- Assess business communication characteristics and tools
- Describe strategies for developing effective business presentations
- Understand organizational conflict resolution concepts
- Define the role of a business facilitator and describe effective facilitation techniques
- Outline the five steps of the negotiation process
Each lesson concludes with a short quiz to help you commit important business terms and concepts to memory. Take the chapter exam for additional review, and submit any questions to our instructors if you need any extra help. The online format of the chapter allows you to review these business topics at any time that fits your schedule.
1. Communication Channels in an Organization: Types, Definition & Examples
Communication is vital to any organization. In this lesson, you'll learn about communication channels in an organization, what they are, and the various types. You'll also have an opportunity to take a short quiz after the lesson.
2. Project Communications Management: Benefits & Importance
In this lesson, we'll learn about project communications management, why it's important, what benefits can be gained from using it, and how to create a communications management process for project management.
3. The Technical Writing Process: Prewriting, Writing & Rewriting
Having a plan for your writing will help ensure that you effectively communicate your message. This video provides definitions and strategies for the three steps of the writing process: prewriting, writing, and rewriting.
4. Business Analysis Report: Template & Examples
A business analysis report is used by an organization to define a need and develop a solution. In this lesson, you'll learn more about what a business analysis report is and discover a template you can use to create your own.
5. Characteristics of Technical Communication
It is important to understand the characteristics of technical communication in order to write documents that meet the needs of your audience. This video provides the characteristics of the subject, audience, purpose and style of technical communications.
6. Communication Tools for Virtual Teams
Virtual teams are growing in popularity, requiring widespread implementation of communication tools to help the teams to be more effective. This lesson offers suggestions for using communication tools for virtual teams.
7. Strategies for Developing Effective Presentations
This lesson will address what makes a presentation effective. We'll also discuss various strategies that can be used in order to develop an effective presentation.
8. Conflict Resolution: Managing Conflict in Organizations
Conflict can be solved in many ways. This lesson provides an overview of the different types of conflict resolution strategies, including avoidance, accommodation, competition, compromise, and collaboration.
9. What Is a Facilitator in a Business? - Definition & Role
Facilitators help get things done. In this lesson, you'll learn about facilitators and the role they play in business. You'll also have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson to reinforce your knowledge.
10. Facilitation Techniques for Leading an Effective Meeting
Facilitating an effective meeting can be a satisfying challenge, if you are prepared and familiar with facilitation techniques. This lesson overviews how to meet the challenge of preparing for and facilitating a meeting.
11. What is Negotiation? - The Five Steps of the Negotiation Process
Companies have to negotiate in numerous areas of organizational conflict. Negotiation is an open process for two parties to find an acceptable solution to a complicated conflict. There are five steps to the negotiation process.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PMI-PBA® Certification Exam Study Guide - PMI Professional in Business Analysis course
- PMI-PBA® Certification Overview
- Understanding Business Analysis
- Business Needs Assessment
- Leadership Principles
- Business Analysis Planning
- Business Analysis Methods
- Types of Business Analysis & Management Models
- Business Analysis Tools & Techniques
- Traceability & Monitoring in Business
- Business Analysis Evaluation
- PMI-PBA Certification Exam Study Guide - PMI Professional in Business Analysis Flashcards