About This Chapter
Communication & Decision-Making in Global Business - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, our instructors present topics related to decision making and communication in international business environments. You can review how these concepts are addressed in business situations on a global and multi-cultural scale. Work at your own pace as you complete these lessons, going back at your convenience to study any topics that need additional work. To ensure you're keeping up, take the short quiz provided with each lesson. These quizzes, as well as the chapter test, make great exam study tools. This chapter is designed to help you:
- Understand how successfully communicate in global marketing and business
- Explain how teams are different on an international scale
- Outline successful guidelines for global business decision-making
- Discuss cultural differences in regard to conflicts and negotiations
- Describe how conflicts are effectively settled in internal business
1. Communication in Global Business & Marketing
Do you want to learn more about communication and marketing in the global context? This lesson compares and contrasts various methods of communication that exist globally, and discusses how to apply them to business and marketing.
2. How Teams Differ in a Global Setting
Different cultures view teams, or teaming, very differently. Those perspectives are compounded when there are multicultural teams present. This lesson will look at this issue in more detail.
3. Decision-Making in a Global Business
In this lesson, we explore decision-making in a global business environment, and look at executives as proactive or reactive. They can be aggressive with decision-making or stay passive with decision-making.
4. Cultural Differences in Negotiations and Conflicts
Different cultures have different views of the negotiation process. Sometimes these views cause conflict, and it is important to understand these different views when entering into a negotiation.
5. Settling International Conflicts in Business
This lesson will cover the role of arbitration by the International Chamber of Commerce and the various methods that are used for resolving disputes in international business. We will look at the main ways in which arbitration and dispute resolution can be done.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 120: International Business course
- Introduction to International Business
- How Culture Affects International Business
- Global Economic Development
- Key Factors in International Trade
- International Trade Management & Regulation
- Exchange Rates & Currency Changes
- International Market Entry Strategies
- Management & Human Resources in International Business
- International Operations Management
- Global Marketing and R&D Strategies
- Impact of Globalization on Organizations
- Impact of Globalization on Countries
- Global Business Ethics
- Future of Globalization
- Studying for Business 120