About This Chapter
Communication in a Commercial Organization - Chapter Summary
While studying these lessons, you can heighten your comprehension of communication in a commercial organization. You'll review the use of nonverbal and written communication by managers as well as some tools used for effective collaboration. After reviewing the lessons, you should be ready to do the following:
- Provide examples of different types of communication used by managers
- List advantages and disadvantages of various types of communication used in business
- Explain the use of technologies for group communication in business
- Discuss the importance of interpersonal skills in the workplace
The lessons in this chapter can help you get up to speed on communication in a commercial organization. If you get stuck on a topic, you can submit questions to instructors using the Help feature. Video timelines let you navigate to specific topics based on what you need to study. Each lesson includes a full written transcript that you can print and use as an offline study tool.
1. Types of Communication: Interpersonal, Non-Verbal, Written & Oral
This lesson distinguishes between the various methods of communication used by managers, including interpersonal communication, nonverbal communication, written communication and oral communication.
2. Method of Communication in Business: Different Types, Overview
Learn the different types of communication in business and the advantages and disadvantages of each. Find out which types work best in different scenarios and why mastering more than one type is important.
3. Technologies for Group Communication and Collaboration: Groupware, Teleconferencing & Virtual Worlds
Technologies for group communication and collaboration allow intricate business relationships to exist and deliver productivity no matter where the employee is located. Groupware, teleconferencing and virtual worlds are three ways that technology is changing the face of the workplace.
4. Interpersonal Skills in the Workplace: Examples and Importance
The ability to communicate within an organization depends heavily upon people's interpersonal skills. These are the tools people use to interact and communicate with individuals in an organizational environment.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ICSE Commercial Studies: Study Guide & Syllabus course
- Commercial Organization in India
- Functions of a Commercial Organization
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Banking in India
- Home & International Trade
- Pollution & Business
- Waste Management in India
- Stakeholders in Commercial Organizations
- Business Marketing in India
- Human Resources in India
- Logistics & Insurance in Business
- ICSE Commercial Studies Flashcards