About This Chapter
Communication Requirements for Wireless Networks - Chapter Summary
This entertaining chapter offers a comprehensive overview of communication requirements for wireless networks. By exploring bite-sized lessons created by top instructors, you can gain greater insight into reliable wireless networks, wireless network coverage, wireless network design considerations and more. Each lesson in this chapter is paired with a multiple-choice quiz you can take any time to confirm your understanding of these topics. Our subject-matter experts can clarify any details presented in the lessons that you don't fully comprehend. Around-the-clock mobile access makes it easy to study whenever and wherever it's most convenient. Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to:
- List and discuss wireless network design considerations
- Identify and describe potential performance issues in wireless networks
- Define a reliable wireless network
- Share the definition of wireless network coverage
- Explain how to detect and correct gaps in wireless network coverage
- Outline how to implement guest access to a wireless network
- Discuss the meaning of seamless application in a wireless network
- Detail potential issues of asymmetry in wireless networks
1. Wireless Network Design Considerations
Designing a wireless network requires a careful examination of a variety of design factors. This lesson will give you insight into these design considerations.
2. Potential Performance Issues in Wireless Networks
Wireless networks are now more dominant than their hard-wired counterparts, but they can have some potential performance issues. This lesson will talk about those potential issues and explain how some of them can be remediated.
3. What is a Reliable Wireless Network? - Definition & Factors
This lesson describes wireless networks and the usual causes of signal interference that result in network unreliability. It focuses on how TCP/IP breaks data into packets to ensure that it is sent and received reliably from one device to another.
4. Wireless Network Coverage: Definition & Limitations
In this lesson, we will study wireless networks and the definition of wireless network coverage. We'll examine the limitations to the scope of coverage in wireless network infrastructure with a focus on wireless Local Area Networks (LANs)
5. Detecting & Correcting Gaps in Wireless Network Coverage
This lesson explores what causes gaps in coverage and why unacceptable coverage in a wireless network should be remedied when it is encountered. You will also explore how to detect holes in coverage and remedy them.
6. How to Implement Guest Access to a Wireless Network
In this lesson we will discuss why you should implement a guest access network at home and at a business and why it is import to have this kind of network access as part of your network. We will also discuss some steps on how to enable this feature in your home and in a business.
7. Asymmetry in Wireless Networks: Definition & Potential Issues
This lesson explores asymmetry in computer networks. You'll learn how asymmetry affects network operation and find out how to recognize and test for asymmetries.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 323: Wireless & Mobile Networking course