About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering communication strategy material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about communication strategy. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the different communication types or techniques for successfully delivering a message
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning business (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about communication strategy
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra business learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Communication Strategy chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the communication strategy chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any communication strategy question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the communication strategy concepts covered in a standard business course. Topics covered include:
- Steps in the communication process
- Characteristics of interpersonal communication
- The uses of nonverbal and oral communication
- Advantages of written communication
- Communication's role in management
- Persuasive communication strategies
- Techniques for delivering negative messages
1. The Communication Process
This lesson describes the process of communication. Terms such as sender, receiver, channel, encoding, decoding, noise, and feedback will be defined and explained with examples.
2. Types of Communication: Interpersonal, Non-Verbal, Written & Oral
This lesson distinguishes between the various methods of communication used by managers, including interpersonal communication, nonverbal communication, written communication and oral communication.
3. Managerial Communication
This lesson discusses the role of communication for management by detailing the various functions it facilitates. Why do managers need to be able to communicate well? What are the challenges in that process?
4. Persuasive Strategies in Business Communication
In today's business workplace, there is a need for individuals to be able to write effective persuasive messages in order to gain a support for action. There are three specific persuasive strategies that individuals can utilize in the workplace.
5. Strategies for Delivering Negative Messages
It is always difficult to deliver negative messages in the workplace. There are specific strategies that can help determine the most polite, professional and appropriate manner to deliver bad news in business.
6. What is Rapport Building? - Definition & Importance
This lesson will explain what it means to build rapport. It will also describe the importance of rapport building with customers and in the workplace.
7. How to Build Rapport: Techniques & Example Statements
Building rapport is important for all business relationships. This lesson discusses techniques for building rapport and also provides sample statements for using key techniques.
8. Building Rapport Over the Phone
The lesson identifies the difficulty of building rapport over the phone. It then describes what strategies someone can use in order to quickly build rapport with a caller.
9. Building Rapport with Patients
As part of a healthcare team, you will be interacting with patients on a daily basis. In this lesson, learn how to deepen your interaction with a patient, no matter how long the acquaintance, with these five important tips!
10. What is Content Strategy?
Understanding the importance of content strategy is something that we should all understand in order to be able to share information. This lesson is going to give you the basics of content strategy.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Strategy: Help & Review course