About This Chapter
Communication Styles in Sales - Chapter Summary
This chapter provides a collection of short and engaging lessons about essential sales communication styles. Assign these lessons to your company's sales professionals to help them review basic communication styles, develop their personal sales style and adapt their communication approach based on various sales situations.
You can also have them complete the chapter's short assessments to reinforce the lesson concepts. Sales professionals will be able to access the chapter at any time using their computers or mobile devices.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Lessons help sales professionals become more aware of the four fundamental styles of communication.
- Helps adapt communication styles: The chapter offers insight into how sales professionals can adapt their communication style based on whatever sales situation they are in.
- Improves sales skills : By incorporating the chapter's communication strategies, sales professionals will be able to develop an individual communication style and improve their ability to sell to customers.
By the end of the chapter, your company's sales professionals should be able to:
- Recognize the four fundamental styles of communication
- Develop an individual sales communication style
- Adapt communication based on different situations
1. Four Fundamental Communication Styles: Definition & Examples
Communication comes in many different types and styles. In this lesson, we'll look over the four fundamental styles that have been identified and take a look at an example of each style in action.
2. Developing Your Individual Communication Style in Sales
Your role as a sales professional requires communication and relationship skills. By strengthening your skills, you can improve your success and create a more lucrative career for yourself.
3. Adapting Communication for Various Situations
Everyone has strengths and weaknesses when it comes to communicating. In this lesson, we'll explore some types of communication styles and learn some ways that they can be altered and adapted to fit the situation.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.