About This Chapter
Comparative Labor Relations - Chapter Summary
For an overview of comparative labor relations, work through this collection of bite-sized business lessons. Our expert instructors outline union formation and bargaining concepts for a variety of countries around the world. To help you retain the concepts you study, we've included plenty of self-assessment quizzes throughout the chapter. These resource are available 24/7, and you can access them on any device that has an Internet connection. By the end of the chapter, you'll be able to evaluate union formation and bargaining in the following countries/regions:
- Latin America
- The Eastern Bloc
1. Union Formation & Bargaining in Canada, Latin America & Cuba
In this lesson, we learn about the labor relations movement in the United States in contrast to Canada, Latin America, and Cuba. By comparing, we see how unions, rights, and collective bargaining are addressed in these three unique regions.
2. Union Formation & Bargaining in Europe & the Eastern Bloc
This lesson looks at unions in Europe and the Soviet Bloc. Learn more about union development, collective bargaining, and workers' rights in a historical context.
3. Union Formation & Bargaining in Asia & Australia
In this lesson, we learn about the labor relations movement in the United States compared to Asia and Australia. By comparing, we see how unions are formed, workers' rights are secured, and collective bargaining occurs in these two areas.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 325: Union & Labor Relations course
- Introduction to Labor Unions
- Relations Between Labor & Management
- History of Labor Unions in the U.S.
- U.S. Labor Law in the Private Sector
- Public Sector Labor Relations
- Union Structure & Management
- Union Organizing
- The Bargaining Process in Union & Labor Relations
- Labor-Management Conflict Resolutions
- Grievance, Disciplinary & Arbitration Process
- Globalization & Labor Relations
- Required Assignments for Business 325