About This Chapter
Compass Math: Trigonometric Equations - Chapter Summary
These lessons will review the different goals and properties of trigonometric equations in order to prepare you for the Compass Math exam. Our instructors will guide you through the following key modules to help you study for the test:
- Solving trigonometric equations for 'X'
- Understanding properties of inverse trigonometric functions and trigonometric identities
- Unlocking trigonometric equations with restricted domains
- Finding solutions to trigonometric equations with infinite solutions
- Addressing the sinusoidal function
The tagged timelines of our video lessons will help you review core functions and the best study strategies for understanding them. Being armed with different approaches can make it simpler to solve trigonometric equations, and our instructors make reviewing these methods fun.
Compass Math: Trigonometric Equations Chapter Objectives
The Compass Math exams will determine whether you meet college math course entrance standards. They are comprehensive assessments provided by ACT consisting of placement tests in five unique mathematic subject areas and a diagnostic assessment. This chapter addresses the skills you will need in order to excel on the Trigonometry test. Compass tests are untimed, computer-administered multiple-choice assessments. Our accompanying lesson and chapter assessments will demonstrate the types of questions you will see on exam day.
1. How to Solve Trigonometric Equations for X
Adding trigonometric functions into standard algebra equations adds complexity. Learn how to solve trigonometric equations for x and how to use inverse operations to simplify equations.
2. Solve Trigonometric Equations with Identities & Inverses
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve trigonometric equations by making use of trigonometric identities and inverses. Learn the steps to take to get to your solution.
3. Properties of Inverse Trigonometric Functions
After watching this video lesson, you will understand why our inverse trigonometric functions have a limited range. Learn what this does. Also learn the notation for these functions.
4. Solving Trigonometric Equations with Restricted Domains
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to find the right answer for a trigonometric equation with a restricted domain. Learn what it means to have a restricted domain and what you need to do to find your answer.
5. Solving Trigonometric Equations with Infinite Solutions
Watch this video lesson and you will learn that all trigonometric equations have an infinite set of solutions. But you will also see that we can still go ahead and solve our equations and find concrete answers.
6. Finding the Sinusoidal Function
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to write a sinusoidal function to represent any wave that you see. Learn what parts of the function make the wave shift up, down, to the left, and to the right.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ACT Compass Math Test: Practice & Study Guide course
- Compass Math: Integers
- Compass Math: Decimals
- Compass Math: Fractions
- Compass Math: Exponents
- Compass Math: Roots & Radicals
- Compass Math: Percents
- Compass Math: Ratios, Rates & Proportions
- Compass Math: Median, Mean & Mode
- Compass Math: Algebraic Equations & Expressions
- Compass Math: Linear Equations
- Compass Math: Substituting Values
- Compass Math: Monomials & Polynomials
- Compass Math: Factoring Polynomials
- Compass Math: Matrices & Absolute Value
- Compass Math: Inequalities
- Compass Math: Complex Numbers
- Compass Math: Logarithms
- Compass Math: Basic Geometry
- Compass Math: Lines & Angles
- Compass Math: Polygons
- Compass Math: Triangles
- Compass Math: Quadrilaterals
- Compass Math: Circles
- Compass Math: Similar Figures
- Compass Math: Complex Figures
- Compass Math: Constructions
- Compass Math: Area, Circumference & Perimeter
- Compass Math: Mathematical Modeling
- Compass Math: Quadratics
- Compass Math: Quadratic Functions
- Compass Math: Trigonometric Functions
- Compass Math: Rational Functions
- Compass Math: Function Operations
- Compass Math: Trigonometric Identities
- Compass Math: Trigonometric Applications
- Compass Math: Trigonometric Graphs
- Compass Math: Graph Symmetry
- Compass Math: Polar Coordinates & Parameterization