About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering workplace communications material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn workplace communications. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to revise messages or complete messages in the workplace
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning communications (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about completing messages in the workplace
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra communications learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the completing your message in the workplace chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the completing your message in the workplace chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about completing your message in the workplace. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a completing your message in the workplace unit of a standard workplace communications course. Topics covered include:
- Proofreading messages
- Revising messages for errors and readability
- The importance of following up on messages
- Using technology to format messages
- Responding to constructive feedback
1. Proofreading Your Message for Spelling, Grammar, Accuracy & Clarity
One of the final stages of completing a business message is to proofread the communication for spelling, grammar, accuracy and clarity by completing different review options. Learn how to proofread in this lesson.
2. Revising Your Message for Errors, Conciseness & Readability
The three parts of producing a message are planning, writing, and completing. In the completing stage, it is crucial for business writers to examine their message for errors, conciseness, and readability.
3. The Importance of Message Follow-Up
Business communications depends on excellent writing and good message follow-up. In order to get a response for feedback, comments, information or purchase orders there are some suggestions to follow to have a successful result.
4. Using Technology to Help Compose Your Message: Formatting & Effectiveness
An important skill for individuals to develop for the work place is the ability to use technology to compose messages. Word processing software can help improve formatting and the overall effectiveness of your message.
5. Giving and Responding to Constructive Feedback
Giving and receiving feedback in a work environment allows individuals to understand how they are performing in their job. There are suggestions that individuals can follow to better understand how to deal with criticism.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Effective Communication in the Workplace: Help and Review course
- Communicating in the Workplace: Help and Review
- Communication and Diversity: Help and Review
- Communicating in Groups: Help and Review
- Messages in Business Communication: Help and Review
- Planning to Communicate in the Workplace: Help and Review
- Developing Your Message in the Workplace: Help and Review
- Using Visuals in Workplace Communication: Help and Review
- Communicating with Technology in the Workplace: Help and Review
- Business Reports and Proposals: Help and Review
- Resumes and Cover Letters: Help and Review
- Delivering Presentations in the Workplace: Help and Review