About This Chapter
Complex Spanish Verb Tenses - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter help you review complex Spanish verb tenses. The videos cover Spanish grammar topics such as subjunctive verbs and conditional tenses. In addition, after completing the lessons, you should be well versed in the following Spanish language topics:
- Utilizing the imperfect subjunctive with the conditional in Spanish
- Using subjunctive tenses
- Understanding the present perfect tense
- Examining the past perfect subjective tense
- Explaining present progressive
- Using the imperfect progressive tense
Our expert instructors guide you through each lesson. Work at your own pace and on any Internet-connected device as you learn and review. You can track your progress through the chapter on your personal dashboard and utilize the quick lesson quizzes.
1. Using Spanish Subjunctive Verbs in Compound Sentences
Expressing wishes, talking about possible plans - we're always using the subjunctive in daily life conversations. Check out this lesson to practice the use of the Spanish subjunctive in compound sentences through lots of real-life examples.
2. Using the Imperfect Subjunctive with the Conditional in Spanish
This lesson presents a unique combination of tenses, the imperfect subjunctive with the conditional, in order to form hypothetical 'if clauses.' It also reviews a common form of 'if clause' that employs the present tense.
3. Spanish Grammar: How to Use Subjunctive Tenses
In this lesson, we will learn how to know what subjunctive tense needs to be used according to when the actions occur. We will also practice some vocabulary about social life.
4. Conditional Perfect in Spanish
The conditional perfect is used to tell what would have happened under certain circumstances. It uses the conditional tense of 'haber' combined with a past participle. What would have happened if you knew this sooner? Come find out as we look at how to form this tense!
5. Conditional Subjunctive in Spanish
To talk about these dreamy, less than likely situations in Spanish, we use two tenses: the conditional and subjunctive. Learn the corresponding formulas and conjugations in this lesson.
6. Spanish Grammar: The Present Perfect Tense
Have you ever studied the present perfect tense before? If you have, you probably noticed that it was being used in that question! In this lesson, you will be learning how to form and use the present perfect in Spanish.
7. Past Perfect Subjunctive Tense in Spanish
In this lesson, we will learn how to conjugate and use the past perfect subjunctive, and we will use some vocabulary about social life to examine this important part of Spanish grammar.
8. Present Progressive Tense in Spanish
The -ing. Walking. Running. Doing. Going. Learn a new formula and how to talk about what you're doing right now in this lesson on the present progressive verb tense.
9. The Imperfect Progressive Tense in Spanish
What are you doing right now? What were you doing half an hour ago? In this lesson, you will learn how to answer both of these questions in Spanish as we review the present progressive and then learn how to form and use the imperfect progressive.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP Spanish Language and Culture: Exam Prep course
- The Spanish Alphabet
- Basic Spanish Writing Conventions
- Spanish Verb Tenses
- Conjugations of Common Spanish Verbs
- Spanish Conversational Basics
- Describing People & Places in Spanish
- Expressing an Opinion in Spanish
- Understanding Spanish Texts
- Writing in Spanish
- Latin American Geography
- Culture, History & Politics in Spanish-Speaking Countries
- Cultural Etiquette in Spanish-Speaking Countries
- Discussing Politics in Spanish
- Discussing Environmental Issues in Spanish
- Discussing Science & Technology in Spanish
- Discussing Social Issues in Spanish
- Discussing Families & Communities in Spanish
- Discussing Art & Architecture in Spanish
- Discussing Aesthetics & Beauty in Spanish
- AP Spanish Language & Culture Flashcards