About This Chapter
Computer Lessons for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
This chapter is composed of a series of short and engaging computer lessons, assembled to help students learn about the components and operations of computers and the internet. It also includes lessons about computer viruses and computer/internet safety. After each lesson, you can help your student(s) review the key vocabulary of the chapter, using the lesson's transcript, and then test your student(s) understanding of the lesson with the lesson's quiz.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help understanding the functions and components of computers and the internet will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about computers.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding computers
- Students with learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about computers
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about computer (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about computers
- Students who struggle to understand their computer lab teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra technology resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover information about computers and the internet your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about computers.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands the functions and components of computers and the internet by completing the Computer Lessons for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Computer Terms: Lesson for Kids
Computers have a language that's all their own! In this lesson, learn some key terms to help you understand the language that makes computers so interesting.
2. Computer Safety: Lesson for Kids
Computers are a part of everyday life, so it is important to use them carefully. In this lesson, identify ways to use a computer safely by taking precautions online and keeping your workspace safe.
3. History of the Internet: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson you will learn about how the world wide web came to be. Read on to find out more about the history of the internet and how websites were first created.
4. Internet Safety: Lesson for Kids
The internet is a great place to find out more about our world, but it is important to use it wisely! In this lesson, learn about ways to stay safe when you are out there surfing the web!
5. How Computers Work: Lesson for Kids
Computers are everywhere, and our daily lives depend on them for work and for fun. In this lesson, we will go inside of a computer to discover its components and how they work together.
6. Programming Languages Lesson for Kids
How would you like to be able to talk to a computer? To do that, you need to learn a programming language. In this lesson, you'll learn about programming languages and how they work.
7. History of Computers Lesson for Kids
Computers. They are everywhere, and we all use them. They are in watches, games and even car keys. Who invented them? What were the first computers like? Explore this lesson to learn the answers to these questions.
8. Computer Parts Lesson for Kids
Computers are a part of our everyday lives, and we couldn't live without them. In this lesson, learn about different parts of a computer and how each part functions.
9. Computer Facts: Lesson for Kids
Computers are everywhere, and people depend on them for nearly all aspects of daily life. In this lesson, find out how computers got their start, and meet some interesting people who have helped computers become what they are today.
10. Computer Virus Lesson for Kids: Definition & Facts
Humans aren't the only things that get sick from time to time. In this lesson, learn the definition of a computer virus, how these viruses work, and ways you can keep your computer safe and healthy.
11. How the Internet Works for Kids
This lesson will explain how the internet uses connections, hardware, and servers to connect us to people and information all over the world! We'll see how people send and receive information on the internet, and learn different ways to receive messages.
12. Digital Citizenship: Lesson for Kids
Technology is everywhere, and because of that we live in a digital society. In this lesson, learn what digital citizenship means, how technology can connect you with other people, and ways that you can use technology responsibly.
13. Computer Engineering: Lesson for Kids
Did you know that computers used to be larger than a small house? In this lesson, find out who is responsible for figuring out how to make computers that help us in our daily lives.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.