About This Chapter
Computer & Mobile Device Forensics - Chapter Summary
Gain greater insight into computer and mobile device forensics using our fun online lessons. Avoid the time and location restrictions associated with traditional classes and instead study the basics of cyber threats, data breaches, cell phone spyware and more from home or on-the-go. Our instructors present the lessons in an entertaining manner that keeps you engaged, and our quizzes make it easy to gauge your understanding of lesson concepts. If you need additional details about topics presented in this chapter, feel free to submit them to our experts. In no time, you will be ready to:
- Detail threats, risks and issues related to mobile device security
- Define and list types of cyber threats
- Share statistics related to data breaches
- Explain how to prevent data breaches and protect information
- Describe how to create and utilize data breach response plans
- Discuss the analysis and detection of mobile malware
- Provide details about the detection and removal of cell phone spyware
- Outline basics steps for detecting spyware on an iPhone
1. Mobile Device Security Threats, Risks & Issues
The widespread use of mobile devices brings new security threats and risks. Learn about the importance of passwords and encryption to secure a mobile device and how to address a variety of risks, including theft and malware.
2. Cyber Threats: Definition & Types
A cyber threat is any unauthorized act of gaining access to a computer network to disrupt processes or obtain data. Understand the definition of cyber threats and discover types of cyber threats, such as trojans, worms, phishing, and unpatched software.
3. Data Breaches: Definition & Statistics
Data breaches target different types of information and can affect any company. Understand these unauthorized data accesses through a definition and find some examples, as well as information relating to statistics and the law.
4. Data Breaches: Protection & Prevention
Data breaches occur as large amounts of data are accessed inappropriately, typically highly sensitive or protected information. Identify methods of protecting data, and preventing data breaches to keep information secure.
5. Data Breach Response Plans
Data breach response plans are predetermined tactics companies create in response to an unplanned data breach. Walk through an overview of a data breach response plan starting before a breach, moving through it, and post-mortem.
6. Mobile Malware: Analysis & Detection
With mobile device often being someone's primary form of computer, it is important to avoid mobile malware. Learn to analyze and detect mobile malware through decreased measurable, slow performance, and sudden hikes in bill costs.
7. Cell Phone Spyware: Detection & Removal
Cell phone spyware refers to hidden programs that steal personal information. Learn about spyware on your phone and explore the detection and removal of it, including how to use the restore feature.
8. How to Detect Spyware on an iPhone
Spyware detection is a vital component to securing mobile devices, including iPhones. Understand how spyware works on the iPhone, the conditions that allow spyware, and the symptoms to watch out for.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Other chapters within the Criminal Justice 106: Forensic Science course
- Introduction to Forensic Science
- Conducting Death Investigations
- Physical Evidence & Crime Scene Reconstruction
- Trace Evidence in Hair & Fibers
- Fingerprint Analysis & Collection
- Types & Uses of Microscopes
- Firearms, Tool Marks & Impression Evidence
- Drugs & Substances in Forensic Science
- Forensic Toxicology
- Forensic Serology
- Basics of DNA in Forensic Science
- Fire & Explosion Investigations
- Forensic Document Analysis
- Required Assignment for Criminal Justice 106